Less Lethal?

tomo

I always thought that less lethal meant you had poor aim.

tom o.

A lot of people are taught to aim for center mass. So might not be poor aim, might be they were taught to shoot for the wrong area.

I was taught to aim for a triangle area at the top of the torso... you'll be hitting heart or lungs that way.

I as taught shoot for the CoM and if that doesn't stop the threat then shoot for the ocular cavity (a boxed region from your eyebrows to about 1/2 way down your nose and the width of your eye sockets). If that doesn't work, you are dealing with a cyborg and should get out the rocket propelled grenades. Wait, no that was Robocop.

A lot of people are taught to aim for center mass. So might not be poor aim, might be they were taught to shoot for the wrong area.

I was taught to aim for a triangle area at the top of the torso... you'll be hitting heart or lungs that way.

I was also taught to aim for center mass, but I can see how your way would probably be more effective. Or like wolf_fire said, right between the eyes. And that would assume that you were not under stress and extremely accurate or very close.

I was also taught to aim for center mass, but I can see how your way would probably be more effective. Or like wolf_fire said, right between the eyes. And that would assume that you were not under stress and extremely accurate or very close.

This is why you do timed drills with someone yelling at you and after you've just done 15 push-ups. All of this increases your heart rate and mimics (as close as can be) to what it would be like if your adrenaline was on overload. If you can hit the ocular cavity then, chances are you will in a stressful, life-threatening situation.

Static paper targets while you have all day is one thing. Training while under stress is a completely different ball of wax. (I'd love to know where that expression comes from if anyone knows.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back