Leaving pistol in kydex holster

smileyblair

A few curiosities. Has anyone had any experience with the following.

If you leave your pistol in a kydex (a quality one) holster over time, will it make the holster less fitting. Or will it always snap back? A week. A month etc.

Also has anyone left their pistol in a kydex holster in their car and the heat warp the kydex holster?

I always unclick mine when I get home for fear over time it will make the holster less fitting to my weapon. Not sure if I’m just cautious for no reason. Looking for actual history not just opinions. Thank you and have a great second amendment day.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

If you leave your pistol in a kydex (a quality one) holster over time, will it make the holster less fitting. Or will it always snap back? A week. A month etc.

Also has anyone left their pistol in a kydex holster in their car and the heat warp the kydex holster?

I always unclick mine when I get home for fear over time it will make the holster less fitting to my weapon. Not sure if I’m just cautious for no reason. Looking for actual history not just opinions. Thank you and have a great second amendment day.

I have not had any looseness issues with my kydex holster, I always leave my Glock in its holster. If it ever did loosen up there is an adjustment screw that adjusts tension of the holster on the weapon.

I leave my HK P30’s in kydex holsters all the time. The P30SKS is only worn when I can’t conceal a “full”-sized P30S, so it sits in the holster from late Oct-May, as well as most the summer, assuming I dress loosely. There is a P30S with a WML in the nightstand. Other than cleaning or maybe an occasional class (1-2/year), it never leaves the holster.

In my experience, kydex is pliable and moldable while hot but does a good job retaining rigidity if cool. I have never noticed retention issues but I do check if it is a weapon I haven’t worn in a while. As another poster mentioned, a slight tightening of 1-2 screws is all it takes to snug it up again, if it were to loosen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had much of a problem, but there are simple ways to adjust a kydex holster using heat. You can view it on numerous web sites or on YouTube videos. Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back