Leaving guns in vehicles.

XD40scinNC

Too often we see news stories of "they stole my gun out of my car"... too often if you learn more you find the vehicle wasn't even locked.

Listening to scanner today there was a bank robbery nearby. A witnesses got the tag number and vehicle description of the get away car.
Turns out the car was stolen last night out of a driveway in a nearby town, and there was a pistol in the car when it was stolen, the same car and pistol the guy used to rob the bank today.

90%+ of the time, the gun is on my person, so leaving it in the vehicle isn't a problem. If for some reason my gun is in the car and not on my person, it never gets left in the vehicle.

For instances where I must leave my gun in the vehicle because I am going someplace, such as the courthouse, where it is illegal to carry, and they have mental detectors, I have a small keylock safe secured to the vehicle, where I place my gun and I lock the vehicle.

Who the hell leaves a gun, or any valuables for that matter, in an unlocked vehicle anymore?

Sometimes you just have to leave it in there but as a long term storage no thanks. Most of your break ins are junkies and bums just grubbing for change. They won’t even bother to break the glass an draw possible attention unless something particularly sweet is evident.. leave a computer , wallet or gun visible and for them it’s like winning the lottery.
Stuff it in the trunk buried in something and nobody is ever even going to look .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I keep one of mine in my truck but I at least keep it in a 10-gauge high-dollar console vault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have a console vault also. Worth every penny and keep other valuables in there too so it's not just a single purpose buy.
I keep one of mine in my truck but I at least keep it in a 10-gauge high-dollar console vault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my SM-G960U using Link Removed

The only time I store my pistol in my car is when I have to enter someplace where It’s illegal to carry or at the gym. But as soon as I get back to my car I re-holster. In the unlikely event my car is stolen during said period which is unlikely considering my car’s safety features prevent it from starting without my key fob or if it’s broken into and stolen then my firearms are insured through USAA.

Sent from my iPad using USA Carry

The only time I store my pistol in my car is when I have to enter someplace where It’s illegal to carry or at the gym. But as soon as I get back to my car I re-holster. In the unlikely event my car is stolen during said period which is unlikely considering my car’s safety features prevent it from starting without my key fob or if it’s broken into and stolen then my firearms are insured through USAA.

Sent from my iPad using USA Carry

Fortunately I live in a state where it’s not illegal to carry in places that have a no guns sign except for government buildings and schools so my gun goes wherever I go but my truck gun is separate from my carry gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fortunately I live in a state where it’s not illegal to carry in places that have a no guns sign except for government buildings and schools so my gun goes wherever I go but my truck gun is separate from my carry gun.

And how safe would that be?

And how safe would that be?

Well since it’s stored in a very expensive steel safe that’s bolted to the truck, they’d have to work pretty hard to get to it. It’s not just left in the glove box or under the seat if that’s what you mean.

Well since it’s stored in a very expensive steel safe that’s bolted to the truck, they’d have to work pretty hard to get to it. It’s not just left in the glove box or under the seat if that’s what you mean.

Even a blind pig finds a nut once in a while

Even a blind pig finds a nut once in a while

True but having a good alarm helps. Always locking your vehicle whenever you park it, no matter how short you’ll be gone, helps.

...And I bet blind pigs find a lot more nuts than you seem to give them credit for being that their already-extremely-honed sense of smell is twice or maybe three times what it is normally since they’re blind have to rely more on that sense.....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back