LC9 vs. M&P Shield

fullauto67

I need to downsize from my full size Sig for concealed carry in FL weather. I really like the M&P in 9mm, but the LC9 seems to be just a little better to tuck away. Have shot the M&P and like it a lot. Anyone have direct experience with both and an opinion which is better and why? Is there another option I am not considering? Ready to buy this week. Appreciate feedback from the USA Carry subscribers. Thanks!

I really don't like the LC9. To make it a decent handgun, you have to spend the $400 on the gun, then take it apart, remove the magazine disconnect feature (if its an EDC gun, that feature can get you killed.) then go to galloway precision and spend another $100-150 on trigger parts to make the trigger not completely and absolutely suck.

The Shield is a good gun, if you get one without any issues. I see a lot of threads for Shield problems on forums, though.

I'd look at the Beretta Nano (what I carry) and the SCCY CPX-2 as well as the Walther PPS. All of those are excellent carry guns.

Look at Taurus SLIM models, I know they have a bad rep, but I enjoy mine. The slim also comes in 9mm or .40 calibers. Also imported from Brazil in Miami.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am not familiar with the M&P, but have had an LC9 for a couple of years. I did remove the magazine disconnect ...was not particularly difficult ...and left off the totally unnecessary thumb safety when I put it back together. It is my primary carry gun. I don't find the trigger a problem at all ...I also have an LCP and an LCR, and they all have virtually all the same firm, consistent trigger. I can easily switch from one to the other w/o much thought as to which I have in my hand.

the problems with the LC9 trigger are horrid trigger creep, and the fact that it doesn't break until the trigger actually hits the grip. Galloway fixes that by making the trigger break at about 65% pull, gets rid of the creep/take up, and lightens the pull a bit as well. Seriously, anyone who's tried micro-compacts, or possibly any other gun than an LC9 realizes how lousy that trigger is.

horrid trigger creep ...Seriously, anyone who's tried micro-compacts, or possibly any other gun than an LC9 realizes how lousy that trigger is.
Not my experience at all, in spite of my collection of several handguns ...to each their own!

Indeed the LC9 Trigger is lousy to say the least but IMO the shield trigger is far from perfect either. Each are easy to get used to if you were to put a 100 or 2 rounds through them at one or two range visits. I personally like the profile of the LC9,very thin and very easy to CC and fires every time with what ever rounds. We all have our own opinions......as mentioned all over this site and posts, purchase what you are comfortable with and practice. I don't think either will let you down.

I have a LC9 with the Lasermax Laser, and haven't had any problems with it so far. I bought a few extra clips with Midway USA, but don't have any complaints so far.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back