LC9 and big hands

rogn

The first time I handled an LC9, I figured I needed one. Since I got it and began shooting it I found that it really was quite accurate, unless I was in a hurry. I have large hands and frequently when squeezing the trigger, I found my thumb would fall in line with my trigger finger and interfere with or block my trigger pull. Since I like the little pistol so much, I started to modify the frame like S&W did with the changeable backstraps. I used epoxy putty, it comes in sticks, to build up the backstrap. Using a big gob of the stuff, and a plastic bag to keep it from sticking to my hand, I molded it to drop my hand back about 3/8". This helped a lot but still wasn't enough. Taking a hint from one manufacturer that had placed a "witness" groove for the finger. This made all the difference. I placed a small lump of the epoxy above the upper corner of the trigger guard bow, on the frame. This gives me a place to catch my thumb and has been about 100% at giving a clean trigger pull. After getting a bit further up the learning curve I'd expect a full 100%. Colored all the plastic w/ black magicmrker, and the appearance is quite acceptable. Don't plan to sell this one so the modification is for me alone. Hope this might help someone with similar size and fit issues.

Way to go rogn! Looks like an interesting way to customize a gun. I have an LC9, but I am not that creative or skilled with epoxy. Has anyone used one of the sleeves Hogue or Pachmyar makes for the LC9?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back