Laws for gun safety and gun storage?

SafetyBox

Hello!

I work at a company in Sweden, Europe. We're manufacturing and selling firearm safes and regular safes. Recently we've been in contact with a few companies in America about starting to sell our products there. In Sweden we have laws such as your gun safe has to weigh 150kg and it has to be a certain lock and the safe has to be produced in a special material. We pass all these requirements.

My questions are:

- What laws are there in the US about gun, ammunition & cash storage? Is there any laws at all?
- Is it something that you feel that you would need in your home that's currently missing and in that case, what? (Regarding storage of guns/cash)

Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,

Marcus Lundqvist

There is no federal gun storage laws to my knowledge. Some states (California for one) have storage laws including approved safe types. With 50 states, everything is different from state to state. Maryland had a law that states guns had to be secured if their were children in the house. A trigger lock was enough to secure the gun.

There is no federal gun storage laws to my knowledge. Some states (California for one) have storage laws including approved safe types. With 50 states, everything is different from state to state. Maryland had a law that states guns had to be secured if their were children in the house. A trigger lock was enough to secure the gun.

Thank you for your answer Ron.

We just entered the US market last week and we have a new reseller in Arizona. We're selling our Weapon Racks which allows you to hang your gun on the wall whilst being locked. Airguns of Arizona - Precision Air Rifles, Airgun, Pistols, Pellets If you scroll down on the list to the left, you'll find our product under "Nor-Lyx Products". Please check it out and come back to me and tell me what you think! Do you get the information that's needed or should we change something?

Are there anything else you feel that's missing in the US? Looking at the storage that is.

Thank you again,
Marcus Lundqvist

Marcus welcome to the site.

People are coming out all the time with new storage options. It seems we don't know what we need it until we see it.

Good luck!

Marcus, I looked at the Nor-Lyx picture but I can't figure out how that works. Do you have a picture of one in use?

No storage requirement in most states. A couple of states require safe storage in the home when not at home and living with a convicted felon or an adjudicated mentally disturbed person. The Heller decision decided that requiring the locking of a gun renders it inoperable and therefor unavailable for defense.

Marcus the mount is pretty simple. Seems to me that longer lags would be in order and I can't tell what grade they are to make a decision. Your description is pretty vague and even without a description of how it is used it seems a little too simple for a security devise.
~
Correct me if I am wrong, the locking devise is screwed into a stud and the other piece also screwed into a stud at an appropriate distance from each allows the muzzle of the rifle to slip into the open eye piece and the trigger guard slips onto the lock mechanism and is then locked in place.
~
I wish you folks good fortune with your launch of your line but don't see a lot of serious gun handlers looking at this devise as a solution.

Marcus, I looked at the Nor-Lyx picture but I can't figure out how that works. Do you have a picture of one in use?

Found this video:

Definitely not something for quick access or a loaded gun since the post sticks through the trigger guard. Could be used to make a lockable rack, but I don't think very many people store their weapons that way anymore.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your replies. I have taken note to all of them and changes will be made.

The product is mainly thought as a mount to be able to show weapons whilst they remain safe and locked.

The targeted group of customers would mainly be weapon stores/fairs. Ofcourse we would love for our product to work in the homes of people aswell, but USA is very different from Sweden. We have hunting rifles which only comes forth every year in September/October when the hunting season begins. Therefore it's not needed as a defense mechanism.

We will look over the description of the product as you mentioned Rossa. Our customers is the heart of our business and we will make everything we can to please you in the best way possible.

I'm really glad you took your time and answered my topic.

Have a great day and weekend everybody!

Best Regards,
Marcus Lundqvist

As a collector of WWII long guns, your product was very appealing to me. I don't like hanging 10 collectable rifles on the wall, unsecured. I store them in an arms safe, but that means I can't look at them.

As a collector of WWII long guns, your product was very appealing to me. I don't like hanging 10 collectable rifles on the wall, unsecured. I store them in an arms safe, but that means I can't look at them.

I'm very glad to hear that Jones! You should check out Airguns of Arizona - Precision Air Rifles, Airgun, Pistols, Pellets if you need any of our products. Or contact me and I will talk to them. Do you have any pictures of your rifles? I'd love to see them!

As for the rest of you; we have contacted Airguns of Arizona about your feedback and the changes will be up and running shortly!

Best Regards,
Marcus Lundqvist

Ya I don't see a lot of use for this. If I had several guns ..I would want them in a fireproof safe. The other thing if I needed them quickly it would be a great disadvantage. The other thing is its not very appealing to me. However I wouldn't buy one anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

In the US that would almost entirely depend on which of the 50 States you are looking at. Unlike in Europe the States have much more say in these matters. When thinking of laws in the US best think of something like the European Union, some standards, yes, but still vast differences.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back