Late Arrival

SGTSKI

Link Removed

Yet another reason to own a gun...

Returned call to SO

WOMAN: Never mind on the prowler, he is not going any where now.
POLICE: What do you mean?
WOMAN: I just shot him.

Knock at the door 2 minutes later.

It is the Police with powdered sugar on his shirt.

The cops aren't there to protect you, only to enforce the law. You must be prepared to protect yourself and your loved ones yourself.

Police don't stop crime, they respond to it. (No, I'm not an anti-LEO, just realistic). Same with fire dept., they don't stop the fire from starting. They show up after it's too late.

Let's be a little more specific here. Police are not for crime prevention, they are for crime cleanup. Call 911 to request a dustpan and a broom.

That's right

The Police are RESPONDERS.

It always makes me laugh.. Everyone screams 'KEEP AWAY, COPS! STOP HASSLIN ME!!' in one breath.. then once something goes bump in the night, it's all 'POLICE!!! COME QUICK!!'

heh.. people..

Well now I have to disagree with you about the fire dept. We may not be able to stop the fire from starting but we do try to educate you on how to prevent fires from starting (Like proper disposal of wood stove ashes) Plus if you do have a fire our response times are usually measured in single digits. Once on scen we will do our very best to keep fire damage to a minimum. But if you smoke in bed or dump your lit cigarette buuts in the trash can or dump hot woodstove ashes into a cardboard box and leave them sitting on your porch, well there's not much we can about stupidity but we try. There's a reason my handle is FireLooker - 18 yrs as fire investigator.

so this thread is really about personal responsibility. We have responsibilty to protect ourselves first and foremost, the police are simply backup. We have a responsibility to prevent home fires the firemen are backup. we have a responsilibity to educate ourselve and our children correctly, the schools are just back up. we have a responsibility to eat right, stay healthy and keep our bodies strong, the doctor and medical professionals are just back up.

Every time I see one of those various alarm company ads it bothers me that they show the helpless sheeple cowering behind their beds ... it doesn't have to be that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back