Laser Sights

fedempl

Sorry, if this has been covered before. I own a G26 and am considering a Lasermax. Since there are no rails, is this the best option?

I use a LaserLyte Link Removed on a Glock 26 and Glock 19. I have had them for about 2 years with flawless results. I pocket carry the 26 with the LaserLyte site in a DeSantis Nemisis holster no problem. My 19 is a Gen2 (no rails) but even if I had a Gen 3 I would still use Laser Lyte because it doesn't change the type of holster needed at all and because I want to keep the same muscle memory for both guns.

I am in the same situation that you are in because I own a Stoeger 9mm without rails. The only thing i found that would work is Crimson trace laser grip.

I use the Crimson Trace on my Glock 19 and am very satisfied with it! I have a second Gen Glock and dont have the rails either, so the laser grip solution worked out great and really has helped me with my patterns at 25 and 50 feet. Highly recommended!!

I have both the Crimson Trace and the LaserLyte and I like them both. Laserlyte has a slightly better price, CT is a little easier to put on. I just bought another laser and went for the Laserlyte. I expect you would be happy with either of these.

I was looking to buy a used Glock with a Lasermax but I did not like the on/off switch. The off position is in the middle and it was very easy to go past off to the other on position. I also figured it would be easy to turn on accidentally when holstering. I have heard complaints that Lasermax can be off target and without adjustment screws you are out of luck.

None of these should give you a problem with holsters.

I have had a lasermax laser in my G26 for the last couple of years and it has worked great, the only thing you have to look at is your holster, like with new leather holster it can be tight and push on the take down pin (the one you replace it with is longer) which is how you activate the laser and it can sometime activate the laser while holstered, but that's about it, I have never had a problem with it.
Good luck

Thanks for your opinions and experience, it been helpful When I make my purchase within the next week and try it out I will let you know how it works.

Thanks again

I sell laser sights part time on my website and would be happy to answer any other questions about laser sights. I personally think Crimson Trace makes the most solid product. I hardly ever see any warranty issues. Every other laser sight manuf is pretty close as far as that is concerned (laserlyte, lasermax, armalaser). I just put together a list of holsters that fit guns with rail-mounted laser sights attached. Cheers! Troy

A couple of years back I bought a LaserMax guide rod laser for my G26. I have shot many many rounds with never an issue, so to my surprise one night I was taking the gun apart to clean it and as I pulled the laser out, it flew apart. I found all the parts except the end piece that screws on and holds it together. I checked the web site to find a replacement piece and couldn't find the piece. I called LaserMax and told them what happened and to see if I could order the piece since the laser still worked great and figured since it was older that it didn't have a warranty. To my surprise they asked if I could part with it for a couple of days and send it in, I sent it in and a couple of days later it came back all fixed up and ready to go, they never asked me anything about how old or how many rounds I think I fired through it with the laser in it. They just fixed it and made it right, that's a company that stands behind their product and Great customer service. Thank you LaserMax

My wife bought a Ruger LCP that came with the Lasermax and it works fine. I have the Crimson Trace on my SIG 229 and currently looking for a CT for my Kimber. I received a new catalog and CD from Crimson Trace in the mail last week, the CD has some really good videos on why you need a laser on your defensive handgun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back