LabCorp

d@v3

Recently noticed a small 'No Firearms' sign with a handgun crossed out on it in their waiting room at their Auburn, NY location. Strangely enough I have been there while carrying concealed. Maybe I just didn't notice the sign? Anyway, not a 2A friendly place.

LabCorp Website: https://www.labcorp.com/wps/portal/

It seems like the management of most medical installations is anti-gun, even here in very pro-second-amendment Arizona. I have seen one lab that, although it has no sign out in front of the building or at the entrance (as required by law, if you want to prohibit weapons), has a little sign on the counter inside, after you have gone up the elevator and down the hall to get to their space. At that point you would either have to go all the way back out to the parking lot to leave your piece in your car, thus missing your appointment since they won't take you in if you're late, or just keep your mouth shut on the theory that what they don't know won't hurt them. Most hospitals prohibit weapons, and many doctors offices do as well. Others are not only okay with it, but very pro-defense. I once emptied a revolver and laid it down on top of my clothes after getting undressed. The Doctor scolded me - saying that an empty gun is absolutely useless and I should keep it loaded and under my own control!

Hey, all. Noticed the "ditto" from Delaware. I also visited the local Labcorp and missed the little red square amid all the other tidbits of information. I asked the lady at the desk if firearms were allowed. She replied that she thought not, and then said "But don't worry - you're OK." An interesting conversation followed as she drew my blood, into which we won't go, as it might identify her. Yes, the sign was there, at the bottom corner of the glass and no, I won't wear my Glock there next time I need labwork. They are the reason I bought a gunsafe for my Truck, $20. at BigLots with key. Fits the hump really nicely.
Bigstonebeach

Labcorp here is in medical building that is posted, but that is redundant as guns are prohibited by law in medical facilities in SC. I guess it is a good thing if they really don't want guns in their building b/c the sign doesn't meet the state requirements for a "no guns" sign:)
I guess it serves as a reminder though.

Sign request

I had a collection of signs that I gave to places with no weapons signsbut my computer really messed up, and I had to reformat it and lost them all. Can anyone tell me where i can find any such signs? Much appreciated I made up one that declared the premises was a defense free zone, and the employees and customers had been disarmed for the convenience of the criminals. I drove up to the Tuesday Morning store at night and taped it on the window over their no weapons sign. I have often wondered how long it was before someone noticed it was not the normal sign.

Last edited:
I wear mine in to the buildings anyway - except for buildings with metal detectors, since they usually have armed guards. Someday, the circumstances could develop in these criminal safe zones that would demand action. I will not be caught without my firearm.

I ignore them in Florida if the individual cities and counties can't make and inforce there own gun laws, per state law, then the sign infront of toys r us doesn't mean a thing. Tampa is trying to get special permission to ban the during the Republican National Convention in August because they can't stop permit holder form carring with out getting fined. They can ban a water gun but not the real one.

In addition to having my labs drawn there recently (different state) and also working with them, yes, there was a big, ugly sign on the outside of the building that stated firearms were not allowed. Labcorp is a messed up company in more ways than their lame gun policies. Happily, I'm currently in a position to move about $100k of business monthly away from them to another lab. I was on the fence about it until now. That makes me very happy. :)

I mentioned a while ago that would not wear my Glock next time I went to LabCorp. Well, I never went back, but go to the local hospital's satellite lab where I am welcomed with my sidearm. I'm in process of getting my CCWD, will submit my paperwork a week from Monday. Have to wait ten days after publishing my intent in the newspaper (Delaware law)to file. Bottom line to qualify came to $314. Did my own copying and photos, found an excellent shooting class taught by a LEO who is ex military and half some of the touted gun schools in the area. Could have cost upwards of $500 if I hadn't done some research and my own office work. I am told that the wait has gone up to three or four months due to the influx of permit-seekers. Delaware will be well-armed, and by a bunch of well-informed ladies, too. Good luck to all, and a safe life. Be vigilent, be cool, be alive. God bless

Show me in the constitution where it says you have to show intent. Deleware law violates the constitueion.

The last time I went to LabCorp - it was years ago - I used my Florida CWFL as ID, and the person signing me in said she had one too

In addition to having my labs drawn there recently (different state) and also working with them, yes, there was a big, ugly sign on the outside of the building that stated firearms were not allowed. Labcorp is a messed up company in more ways than their lame gun policies. Happily, I'm currently in a position to move about $100k of business monthly away from them to another lab. I was on the fence about it until now. That makes me very happy. :)

About a year ago, I said I would leave my sidearm locked in my pickup when visiting LabCorp. Well, forget that. One other issue made helped me change my mind. When I would go for blood tests, they would take my insurance and Medicare cards. When the bill would arrive, they had not submitted to Medicare. A phone call revealed that I had to "request" them by phone to do so, that it was not automatic. It is my considered opinion that LabCorp does not appreciate my business so I am now using a sattelite of the local hospital for my labwork. BTW - the hospital is posted "no guns" but I have had NO problems with my open-carried Glock at the lab.
Bigstonebeach in Delaware

Never noticed one here. I'll have to look next time I go. Not that I'm going to honor it.

I had a collection of signs that I gave to places with no weapons signsbut my computer really messed up, and I had to reformat it and lost them all. Can anyone tell me where i can find any such signs? Much appreciated I made up one that declared the premises was a defense free zone, and the employees and customers had been disarmed for the convenience of the criminals. I drove up to the Tuesday Morning store at night and taped it on the window over their no weapons sign. I have often wondered how long it was before someone noticed it was not the normal sign.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back