Kentucky Open Carry <3

Sir Diealotz

Nothing really exciting but was headed out to the shop this weekend to fix Dads Bobcat skid steer loader.

Stopped by Loves truck stop in Waddy KY to fuel up and grab a bite to eat. Mcd's drive through was backed up so I went inside to place my order. One guy struck up a conversation with me about my sidearm and what he carries

Gotta love living in a free open carry state :cool:

Let's organize a day of open carry in Kentucky. I know of no specific date at this time, if there is one.
I already (legally) carry concealed anywhere I can do so.
Most citizens (and even some LE friends of mine) don't realize we have the right to do so in our state.

Let's organize a day of open carry in Kentucky. I know of no specific date at this time, if there is one.
I already (legally) carry concealed anywhere I can do so.
Most citizens (and even some LE friends of mine) don't realize we have the right to do so in our state.

Sounds good to me, I'm in Shelbyville KY.

Is there any "national open carry day" that I am not familiar with?
And remember, if we carry "open", I guarantee it will make some people nervous for us doing so!

And remember, if we carry "open", I guarantee it will make some people nervous for us doing so!

Not really in Kentucky unless you travel to Louisville or maybe Lexington. Very few people even look my way, including the local LEO's

I'm 50/50 open and concealed carry. Depends on the weather and my attire. Hot? Open Carry. Cool or night? Conceal Carry.

Mark,

A fellow USA Carry member and I are working on a meet and greet at Beef O Brady's in Shelbyville ky possibly September 6th evening.

Stay tuned.

So then, what day should we advertise and let people know is "National Open Carry Day"? I need input from you guys, the public, on a day to begin this campaign. Kentucky is "open carry friendly", but people in other states need to research and learn the local laws before taking part.

So then, what day should we advertise and let people know is "National Open Carry Day"? I need input from you guys, the public, on a day to begin this campaign. Kentucky is "open carry friendly", but people in other states need to research and learn the local laws before taking part.

This is just a local get together, not national :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back