Kel-Tec Sub-2000

gundaddypv

Has anyone purchased one? Did you keep it? Did you regret it?

I'm looking for a decent SHTF gun that's easy to conceal, powerful enough to do the job and reliable enough to go possibly years of hard use. I'm looking at the 9mm model. Any thoughts?

BTW, I have Glocks in 9mm as well, which is why this sounds so seductive to me.

I've read many reviews and really want one!!!
It's suppose to be a extremely fun gun as well as accurate.
One of these days I'll get one.
I wish they made one in .45acp that takes a 1911 mag!

I have one in .40. Uses the same mags as my Glock 22 so my pistol and sub uses the same ammo and magazines. Light and very accurate out to 100 yards. Stock sights suck but that's an easy fix. I have a red dot with a quad rail on mine. Has around 700 rounds through it with no malfunctions. Eats everything I have fed it. Love it and no regrets. It's not going to replace my AR-15 if SHTF but it will be there too. IMHO Kel-Tec's rifles run better than their pistols.

I do not own one but, I have fired them and have range reports from a family member who does own one. So, the particular Sub 2000 we have in our circles needed a common break-in period of about 200 rounds before it would fire whatever we gave it. The ammo that it did have issues with in the beginning was steel cased loads... now however, it shoots everything. I found it to be very reliable and accurate for what it is when I used it and I still have it in the back of my mind to pick one up but, I have other priorities and this weapon wouldn't really fill any specific role. IMO, it is a very useful concept to have a carbine that uses the same pistol mags/caliber, etc and it can absolutely be used for around the house defense, critter getting and even an SHTF weapon for smaller folks. The one in my family is used as a vehicle weapon, a get-home carbine that stays behind the seats of the truck with a few mags ready to go in case of something happening while away from the homestead. Out to 100 meters, this is a potent weapon against unprotected foes and is more so within 50m. It will not however, defeat Level III Kevlar in either caliber... so don't expect any armor-defeating performance with the longer barrel.

Bottom line, if you've got the desire and the cash... get one!

I had one - I enjoyed it allot, the one I had was 9mm, used glock 17 mags.. But my version was an older model - it had issues with the stock staying on the buffer tube (its "glued on") there is a pin that goes through to hold things together too - but once the pin was pushed out - the whole stock came off (it wasn't supposed too). Long time ago someone had broken in and stolen it, back in 99 when I was living at my moms. (long story short, Ex friend of mine was primary suspect, never heard from cops if they caught him with it or not)

I was interested in the newer version - might get one that uses the Beretta 92 mags (since I bought the 92 after the theft of the Kel-tec) -- I also saw there is several places that offer various mods for the little sub-2000 that make it very interesting little platform.

I owned one for a little while and it worked just fine. Had it all decked out with all the tactical gear. I agree that it is much nicer than their handguns, but I feel like the service life would be a 1/4 of an AR. The big reason I got rid of it was I didn't like the feel of the check pad and could only shoot the gun with ear buds in and not ear muffs. Also I felt like it would break at some point.

If you can get if for it's msrp or normal price, go for it, but I had to pay $500 out the door for one ecause the supply is terrible. Kel tec makes some many colors and variations they don't put out enough and you will never find one for their $330 sticker price. I've signed up for all the gun shop notifications and it's been a year or more and none I've seen have been under the $480 sticker price. Get an AR would be my opinion. Can do a delton rifle for $700 or put it together your self for $640

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back