Kansas : Now recongizes all State's CC licenses.

eagleks

Effective July 1, 2013 : Law was changed and Kansas now recognizes CC licenses of all States.
>
LINK :
Out-of-State License Recognition - Concealed Carry - Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt

Kansas State Attorney General's Office
Recognized Non-Kansas Concealed Carry Handgun Licenses
>
On and after July 1, 2013:
>
Beginning July 1, 2013, the State of Kansas will recognize all “valid” concealed carry licenses (or permits, cards, etc.) that are issued by another State or the District of Columbia. HOWEVER, there are two important caveats to that general rule: (1) this recognition only extends to individuals who are not residents of Kansas. If you are passing through Kansas to another state, or staying in Kansas temporarily for business or pleasure – a valid CCH license from another jurisdiction will be honored beginning July 1, 2013; and (2) this recognition will only allow the license holder to carry a concealed handgun. Any other defensive weapons carried by the non-Kansas license holder must, as with all Kansas residents, be carried in accordance with Kansas law while they are within Kansas’ borders.
>
If you are a new resident to Kansas – on or after July 1, 2010 – and possess a valid CCH license from another jurisdiction, you may apply for the Kansas CCH and obtain a 180-day receipt from the Attorney General’s office which will allow you to continue carrying with your non-Kansas CCH to continue carrying concealed while your Kansas CCH application is pending. Persons moving to Kansas may be allowed to bypass the state’s required handgun safety and training class if the training they received in another jurisdiction was equal to or greater than the Kansas training requirements. At a minimum, this training must include handgun safety, actual firing of handguns, and a review of laws governing the carrying of concealed handguns and the use of deadly force. A person applying for the Kansas license must provide a copy of their training certificate and proof that the training included the minimum requirements for recognition. The 180 day receipt will indicate whether or not the person is required to complete the Kansas training class

Howdy,

Arkansas did the same thing.

Now, if the rest of the states will follow along with the plan.

Paul

Arkansas now recognizes all valid permits.
§5-73-321. Recognition of other states' permits.
(a) Any person in possession of a valid license issued by another state to carry
a concealed handgun issue to the person by another state is entitled to the
privileges and subject to the restrictions prescribed by this subchapter if the
state that issued the license to carry a concealed handgun recognizes a license
to carry a concealed handgun issued under this subchapter.
(b) The Director of the Department of Arkansas State Police shall:
(1) Make a determination as to which states' licenses to carry concealed
handguns will be recognized in Arkansas and provide that list to every law
enforcement agency within the state; and
(2) Revise the list from time to time and provide the revised list to every law
enforcement agency in this state.
https://static.ark.org/eeuploads/asp/CHCL_statutes_effective_08012011.pdf

I didn't know about North Carolina.
>
I have heard Kentucky does too, but I've yet to see anything that verifies that's true.... anyone know for sure ?

Wow, this is great now if we can get NV to come on board that will be great, I go to Vegas on vacation a lot.

Awesome! I'm from Iowa, and travel to see family in Kansas City, Missouri all the time. Sometimes we venture into Kansas, and I hated locking up my pistol when we were crossing state lines.

Best news in a while for concealed carry, I currently hold Mass, Utah, Florida, Maine, Connecticut. So I have a lot of the country covered, but more reciprocity would be better!!!!

It sure would be nice to just to just be able to hop on my motorcycle and ride where I want to go, with out having to look at the reciprocal map.

Now only if GA would do the same thing then I can go to one and not to have to keep 2 or I could drive around GA on my way to AL and OK. Things are look like they are getting better.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back