Kahr CW9 Review

cabopc

The Perfect Pocket Nine
I’ve been looking for the right pocket 9mm for quite some time and I finally found what I was looking for. I’ve shot the Kel-Tec PF9, the Ruger LC9 and a number of slightly larger guns such as the Glock 26. The CW9 is light, thin, and comfortable to shoot. I can get a three fingered grip on the gun without having to resort to a special magazine which is nice. Recoil is negligible and the muzzle flip isn’t bad. I also carry a S&W 642 and the Kahr is way easier to shoot and far more accurate. The CW9 (like all Kahrs) has a super smooth trigger pull that’s so smooth that it’s hard to believe that it’s a striker fired gun. The pull is also quite long which is what I want on a carry handgun. There’s no manual safety with is something else I like. The long trigger pull is all the safety I need. My only complaint is that the gun is not ambidextrous. I don’t need a slide lock on both sides but it’d be nice to have a mag release on both sides. I paid $360 which is a great deal for a gun of this quality. The fit and finish is so much nicer than a PF9 and I like the looks and feel of this gun better than the LC9. The LC9 wasn’t as ergonomic although it did have a decent trigger pull but not butter smooth like the Kahr. I know Kahr makes the PM9 and the CM9 but those are actually too small and the cost of the PM9 is just silly. So far I have 300 rounds through the gun with no problems at all and that includes using hand loads and aluminum ammo that has given me problems in other guns. If you’re thinking about a pocket nine then I highly recommend trying the CW9. It’s simple, comfortable, reliable, and affordable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back