Just got the M&P Shield .40

Crazy bird

The timeing Was great , put on order 2 wks. ago and got it today ! Gotta say it is very nice , the only problem is w/ the clip very very hard to get the last shell in ! This is on both small & large clips , to tell the truth I didn't get the last one in eather and no I'm not a wimp ! Being one w/big hands yu really need the big clips . The gun is very surprising recoil is very manageable and shoots really nice and the trigger releases really nice ! The only thing of disapointment was no assesorys as to what Smith-Wesson said there would be . No holsters or mags , so anyway I have to say it's a very nice pcs. !

Cool gun. New magazines are always hard to load, for me anyway. There are a few companies making accessories for the Shield but I have no clue if those products are ready to ship or still being developed. Enjoy.

I have the 9mm shield and love it. The mags were a little hard to load at first but they have loosened up with use. Check out the S&W website. They have a book of accessories from various cos. first time I've seen one co. promote another company.

The timeing Was great , put on order 2 wks. ago and got it today ! Gotta say it is very nice , the only problem is w/ the clip very very hard to get the last shell in ! This is on both small & large clips , to tell the truth I didn't get the last one in eather and no I'm not a wimp ! Being one w/big hands yu really need the big clips . The gun is very surprising recoil is very manageable and shoots really nice and the trigger releases really nice ! The only thing of disapointment was no assesorys as to what Smith-Wesson said there would be . No holsters or mags , so anyway I have to say it's a very nice pcs. !

MAGAZINE! MAG-A-ZINE! Not clip! Sheesh!

I live in Mid-Missouri and no local dealers can get any (9 or .40). I'm on a wait list for a 9.
Ugh.

All right already mags. mags. mags . lets pick the fly **** out of the pepper ! Guess in need a proof reader but then again I hear no one remarking about the spelling in this forum ? Anyway , I know the MAGAZINES will loosen up after a while , but man there tuff ! I've got a lot of semi's and none are this tuff , I don't know how the 9mm are if that makes a difference ? Ya 24ever it really su*ks waiting , I've heard (not sure if it's true) the 9's came out & when to the west coast the the east . I got lucky the shop I deal with got 3 - 9's gone in one day but noone seen the .40's yet the serial # 2*#^ . Smith is going to be really bizzy on this model . The thing that's amazing is the .40 in that size is really sweet ,they did really GOOD !

how is the recoil on the 40 in that light of a gun?I am currently shooting a lc9 and i hate the trigger was thinking about the 40 in a shield.

Ya know , I was a little concerned my self when I bought it . But when I shot it I was suprised , it was very easy to handle . I have a big hand so I do need the longer mag. but even w/ the short mag. it was easy ! REAL PLEASED

I was real pleased , very manageable to say the lest ! The trigger is clean and crisp and it is dead on accurate ! I have the M&P pro 40 what a gun , but dad a son and his name is shield .I'm very happy two great guns , was going to go Glock but went w Smith and I'm glade I did . I'm they not saying anything negative on Glocks behalf they make really good pcs. !

Thanks for the post. Clip, magazine, we all knew what you were talking about, but there are a lot of anal retentive individuals on this forum (me being one of them but not here).:big_boss:

I'm waiting for the .40 myself. See no need to add another caliber to my inventory (I don't have a 9).

I believe there are a lot of companies making holsters for the Shield. I just ordered one for my M&P 40 FS from Old Faithful Holsters (they're having a Military Appreciation price of 50% off) and they show the Shield in their options.

Ya ToddR ,I don't know why I wright in clips old bad habits I guess ! I've been eyeing the crossbreed (horse w/ spreed Clips ) ! I hear the horse is worth the money so there I will go . I like you don't need anymore cal. in my inventory I really like the .40 . Picked up a speed loader to help w/ the last shell tats really hard to get in .

Clips, mags, who really cares we are not in grade school, and I personaly could give two turds that its politicly correct or not, now as far as the Shield, have not shot one yet, but have handled a couple, feels a lot like the Bersa 9cc, very narrow, it would be good for concealment, I would have to shoot one before a opinion, but I did not like the Bersa, shoot great but being so small and thin is was uncomfortable,......to me

My M&P Shield .40 will be here Tuesday and I can't wait to go shoot it. It took 4 stores to find one, in Wyoming thats not easy. Now I'll have a revolver and a semi-auto in the same caliber.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back