Just got a Glock 36 "Slimline"

snatale42

Just picked up a Glock 36 in a trade, if anybody is in the market for a sub-compact (arguable) .45 I'd check one out. When I got it I wasn't even aware that the G36's had the slimline frame, that little difference is VERY noticeable! I honestly got it just to "trade up" and use it in my next trade, but after shooting it I think I may hold on to it. Having a .45 that size is nice and MUCH more shootable than a thought a small .45 would be. The last Glock I owned was a G26 and couldn't stand it, this one is MUCH nicer in the hand.
EDIT: Pics Added

Link Removed
Frame stays flush with slide, does't bulge out like the other model Glocks

Link Removed
Noticeably thinner (also thinner than the 30SF by 0.17")

I sort of chuckled at the thought of a 'slim' Glock..they always seemed chunky to me......anyhow, out of curiosity.... what turned you off with the 26 vs liking the 36??

I sort of chuckled at the thought of a 'slim' Glock..they always seemed chunky to me......anyhow, out of curiosity.... what turned you off with the 26 vs liking the 36??

Mainly how terrible the 26 felt in my hand, I think it was a combination of the stupid Glock grip angle and the thickness combined that just made it a terrible gun to shoot. But with the G36, although the thickness change isn't much, it's VERY noticeable the second you put it in your hand. It also feels like the grip angle is slightly different. With my 26 I felt most of the contact with the grip on the bottom of my palm, the 36 seems to make much better contact and seems more like a "normal" gun in the hand. I still wouldn't call it "comfortable" in the hand, because no Glock is, BUT the combo of it being thinner, and that fact the frame doesn't bulge out for no reason near the slide makes me think I may keep it. I'm still considering trading it, but It DOES have me rethinking keeping a Glock. Which after my 19 & 26, isn't an easy sell.

I compared the two (26 vs 36) at Glock.....your 36 is .08" thinner (not much to write home about), but a full .5"+ longer in the grip....there's where I see an advantage, a big one, in the 'handling/feel'. I didn't 'see' a difference in the weird angle of the handles, just by comparing the photos...

I held onto a G26 a few times, and just never could see owning one because as you stated, its just uncomfortable in-hand, in a big way.... Knowing I'd get more finger-grip on the 36...well, I'm interested....we'll see...I'll have to go find one and handle it some...

I liked my 19. The only reason I sold it was because we use mainly use .45's around our house(one daughter carries a .380), and wanted to limit our ammo-buying requirements. I have been thinking of a small-framed .45, though. I love the 1911, but waaay too bulky for EDC. Thanks for the info. I'll have to try this one on for size.

I have a 26 and a 27 which feel fine in my hand and shoot very accurately for me. I do have pinkie/mag. extensions on them though, without them I can see how some might not care for them. While they are chunky that is certainly the trade off for capacity.

I avoided Glock because of the blocky feel to them. When the Gen 4 came I had to try them again. I have since bought the G26 and G19, both in Gen 4 because of the smaller grip. I obtained the magazine extenders for the G26. I'm curious as to whether you had the Gen 3 or Gen 4 models in your Glocks.

I avoided Glock because of the blocky feel to them. When the Gen 4 came I had to try them again. I have since bought the G26 and G19, both in Gen 4 because of the smaller grip. I obtained the magazine extenders for the G26. I'm curious as to whether you had the Gen 3 or Gen 4 models in your Glocks.

They were both Gen3's. I've honestly never held a Gen4, maybe that makes all the difference but the 19 was replaced with an M&P9 which I can't see myself ever getting rid of. WAY too nice in the hand!

I have really big hands and I love my G36's. With the Pearce PG-36 +1 floor plate on my mags, the G-36 fits my hands perfectly.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back