Just For Fun: Bible Trivia

Woody57

Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall begat twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. (NKJV)
Of whom is The Lord speaking?

Answer Posted Tomorrow

I've got this one up in my office. Provide the reference:

See the man who is excellent in his work? He will stand before kings, not before unknown men.

I've got this one up in my office. Provide the reference:

See the man who is excellent in his work? He will stand before kings, not before unknown men.

I think it's in Proverbs (22:29)?

Here's another post -

Now Jeroboam was a man of standing, and when Solomon saw how well the young man did his work, he put him in charge of the whole labor force of the house of Joseph.

Ok Bible trivia geniuses.

The most controversial issue in the Hebrew scriptures (Law, Prophets, and Writings) is "Who last transcribed the scriptures?"

Choices are:

- Nehemiah

- Ezra

So who do you think?

And the most controversial issue in the Greek New Testament is "Was St. Paul really an Apostle like Peter, James, John, Matthew etc.?"

Who thinks he was, and who thinks he was not?

:biggrin:

Ok Bible trivia geniuses.

The most controversial issue in the Hebrew scriptures (Law, Prophets, and Writings) is "Who last transcribed the scriptures?"

Choices are:

- Nehemiah

- Ezra

So who do you think?

And the most controversial issue in the Greek New Testament is "Was St. Paul really an Apostle like Peter, James, John, Matthew etc.?"

Who thinks he was, and who thinks he was not?

:biggrin:

I'm no Bible scholar and I'm certainly not an expert on anything! But, I think Ezra scribed the Books of Ezra and Nehemiah sometimes in the fourth century BC. While Nehemiah's writings are older; dating back to the 5th century BC. (Don't quote me though.)

YES, I do think Paul was every bit a FULL Apostle!

-

I thought I did answer you shoo. I may not be right. But, I gave it a shot. :wink:

Why don't you just tell us what you think?

Ok TCox is on the record, what about the rest of you Bible think tanks now?

Here is a clue: the hand of God did not reach down from Heaven and write the Bible in English. Or in any other language for that matter. This is why it is relevant as to who was the last transcriber of the scriptures known by the Jews as the Law, Prophets, and Writings.

There is a similar issue for the Greek New Testament, since we have about a dozen various versions of the Greek scriptures. Modern scholarship has melded them all into one most likely Greek version, but it still does not answer the question as to whether St Paul was actually ordained to be an apostle or whether like Luke or Mark he was simply and "evangelist" which is another word for a missionary as one of the "seventy."

Chime in boys.

I hope I did not bust anybody's bubble by pointing out that God did not reach down from Heaven with quill and ink?!

Though Simon Peter admittedly didn't understand him, he acknowledged Paul as an apostle, IMO anyway. (2 Peter 15-17)

Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall begat twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. (NKJV)
Of whom is The Lord speaking?

Answer Posted Tomorrow

Mitt Romney...oh, wait he only has 5 sons.

Though Simon Peter admittedly didn't understand him, he acknowledged Paul as an apostle, IMO anyway. (2 Peter 15-17)

St Peter refers to Paul as "a brother". That does not tell us if he was ordained to the office of apostle or evangelist:

YLT (Young's Literal Translation):

All these, then, being dissolved, what kind of persons doth it behove you to be in holy behaviours and pious acts? 12 waiting for and hasting to the presence of the day of God, by which the heavens, being on fire, shall be dissolved, and the elements with burning heat shall melt; 13 and for new heavens and a new earth according to His promise we do wait, in which righteousness doth dwell;

14 wherefore, beloved, these things waiting for, be diligent, spotless and unblameable, by Him to be found in peace, 15 and the long-suffering of our Lord count ye salvation, according as also our beloved brother Paul -- according to the wisdom given to him -- did write to you, 16 as also in all the epistles, speaking in them concerning these things, among which things are certain hard to be understood, which the untaught and unstable do wrest, as also the other Writings, unto their own destruction. 17 Ye, then, beloved, knowing before, take heed, lest, together with the error of the impious being led away, ye may fall from your own stedfastness, 18 and increase ye in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; to him is the glory both now, and to the day of the age! Amen.

Ok TCox is on the record, what about the rest of you Bible think tanks now?

Here is a clue: the hand of God did not reach down from Heaven and write the Bible in English. Or in any other language for that matter. This is why it is relevant as to who was the last transcriber of the scriptures known by the Jews as the Law, Prophets, and Writings.

There is a similar issue for the Greek New Testament, since we have about a dozen various versions of the Greek scriptures. Modern scholarship has melded them all into one most likely Greek version, but it still does not answer the question as to whether St Paul was actually ordained to be an apostle or whether like Luke or Mark he was simply and "evangelist" which is another word for a missionary as one of the "seventy."

Chime in boys.

I hope I did not bust anybody's bubble by pointing out that God did not reach down from Heaven with quill and ink?!

Just so I understand and don't fall prey to any incorrect assumptions, are you saying that you do or do not believe that the Bible is the eternal, inerrant Word of God.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back