Just applied: NC

liquidr1

Hey Guys. I took my concealed class saturday and i just applied for my NC concealed permit this morning. Now the wait begins. How did you guys pass the time. I hate waits.

Its not so much the wait for the permit thats going to drive me crazy, but im dying to buy the new Ruger LCR .38 special. And now that iv got my concealed on the way i just dont want to go through the hassle of getting a single gun permit in the time being just to buy one gun.

I am in the same boat (currently waiting on my CWL). I passed the time by researching holsters and went ahead and purchased the Crossbread Supertuck holster (horsehide) with v-clips and one of their belts with Velcro sewn on the inside of it. Now I am eagerly awaiting both the CWL to come in the mail and the equipment, but I wanted to go ahead and make the purchase.

What county are you guys in. Mine(Scotland) took 12 consecutive days. New Hanover and Brunswick I know take close to 90.

Im in Guilford. The lady this morning said it should be back around 75 days but most likely it will take the full 90.

She also said when Obama went into office they had around 600 applicants a month in guilford county the first full year he was in office. Now its down to around 200 applicants a month in Guilford county.

Any way, im going to Florida on October 9th and i was hoping i would have it before then but i doubt it will happen.

I did a lot of research on weapons, holsters. I also occupied my time reading as much as I could get my hands on....state laws for Utah, Nevada, Florida, Nebraska......It took only 21 days for me to get my Nevada CCW!! Waiting on Utah and Florida to complete the plan.:pleasantry:

Can't say about Greensboro area, but my students are reporting that in Robeson, Bladen & Columbus, is taking about 3-4 weeks now.

and the wait continues.

I did order me a crossbreed supertuck though.

Great choice on holster. I haven't used other IWB holsters, but I am extremely happy with my decision to purchase the supertuck. It is extremely comfortable.

Got my supertuck in the mail today. All i can say is, this is one awesome holster. Iv had the gun on for almost 9 hours and i just cant believe how comfortable this holster is. I cant even feel it. It disperses the weight of my glock 27 so well.

amazing. I thought i would never enjoy any type of IWB holster.

Now if only my permit would hurry up.

A good belt goes a long way in carrying a pistol too. I have the CB ST and a Beltman belt and I can hardly tell when I am carrying my 1911s. BTW - Johnston Co took exactly 1 month to process my application (applied Aug 2, was notified Sept 2 that I was approved).

I hope none of you fellows have ever talked to a therapist. If you have, you have been unfairly Stigmatized as being Mentally Ill, and you will Never see that ccw permit.

A good belt goes a long way in carrying a pistol too. I have the CB ST and a Beltman belt and I can hardly tell when I am carrying my 1911s. BTW - Johnston Co took exactly 1 month to process my application (applied Aug 2, was notified Sept 2 that I was approved).

Tomorrow will be exactly 1 month since i applied (aug 9th) here in guilford county. havnt heard from them yet. I just hope i have it before my trip to florida in october.

I got my ccw in robeson county it took bout 5 to 6 weeks to get it back once it comes you can buy as many hand Guns u can afford I got 2 and one I am thinking bout getting the ruger lcp it nice

Hi, I took my course on the last Friday of August and received my permit this past Wednesday (that's 8 business days). I didn't even have time to search online for anything. When I applied they told me it would be 2-3 weeks. I gotta thank my instructor for the course, range time and the drive to the actual Department of Agriculture in downtown. Yup, that's right. He drove us to the office...which was pretty much empty. Thanks Jorge! :biggrin:

Forgot to mention...I'm in Miami-Dade county, FL.

Put in my application yesterday after a month long wait for my certificate. She said it would be 6-8 weeks before I got something in the mail telling me it was in. Did alot of research before I got my certificate back and bought a crossbread supertuck the day I got it. It will probably get here before the CCDW does. If it does, I'll have it broke in by the time it gets here. :biggrin:

Liquid(and others), come down 220 toward Rockingham for the gathering 15-17 Oct and you can carry openly all you want. We have total access to the ranges and you can get in all the shooting your heart can desire. For details/info/pics just PM. Hope to see you there.

Liquid(and others), come down 220 toward Rockingham for the gathering 15-17 Oct and you can carry openly all you want. We have total access to the ranges and you can get in all the shooting your heart can desire. For details/info/pics just PM. Hope to see you there.

Im going to be in cocoa beach fl that week. sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back