JP Saur & Sohns

Bill Amsden

Any of you folks know anything about this company. My Uncle has a matching set of two pistols, one in 22LR/22mag and another in .45LC. Same frames, shaped like the Colt .45 army. I see that at some point and time they may have merged and now is Sig Saur.........Haven't found a lot of info yet but still looking, just wanted some input if any from those who might know or are familiar with the guns.

It does say Western Marshall on the .22.

The piece itself should be worth a few hundred depending on condition. I've seen them as low as $100 and as high as $450... most average around $250-300 if in good shape.

Here is a little history of the company:
Sauer & Sohn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They were made in, from what I recall, Germany and in the 1980's, were bought out by Sig Sauer, if memory serves correctly.

This is all recollection on my part and I have been known to recollect incorrectly at times. :)

Hopefully, this gives you a starting point to get more research.

Thanks for the info Wolf....Not a lot of value I see, kind of what I suspected.

No problem. I just wish my information was a bit more extensive. Also, I'm not familiar with the .44 LC. I believe Sauer and Sohn had a .44 magnum, but I have no recollection of a .44 LC.

J.P. Sauer is Germany's oldest gun maker from the 1790's. I only have experiece with their shotguns, which are of excellent quality, they also make rifles and have a current web site. The German Gun Owners Association would be an excellent source of information about Sauer's guns..

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back