Joined the Glock KB club this week.

Punch

Case separation on a hot (but less than max listed) 10mm load fired in a Glock 20SF. Fortunately, there is a Glock armorer on staff at the range and I had parts replaced and was back on the line in less than 10 minutes. Still, it has shaken my confidence somewhat, and I am starting to worry about the 230gr Hornady TAP +P rounds that I carry in my Glock 21SF. I am 50 now and have been loading ammunition since I was 15, and after tens of thousands of rounds fired in about everything that has a trigger, this is my first KB. I guess that if I need to carry any hots loads, I better use one of my CZ's or Smith and Wessons.

Yes being that Glock says not to use reloaded ammo in the gun. But due to it being cheaper I have put 2,000 rounds through my Glock 19 3rd gen without any problems. But they were not +P rounds. I am glad that you had no injuries and your gun was back up and working. I would have a hard time trusting my gun if that happened to me for I am attached to my fingers.

Punch, i carry S&W my self, and S&W states do not use +P loads in any of there weapons, it will void any Factory warrenty. I found this in my ownes manual for my M&P 40. Just food for thought.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back