IWB holster review

kerb

pinche gringo
I've been using a Whitehat Maxtuck now for about 6 months. Most of the time I carry a .45 caliber Taurus 24/7 Pro DS or a .45 cal Kimber TLE II at around 3:30 (front edge of the kydex in line with the seam of my pant leg). I'm 6'1 and weigh about 210 and shrinking (down from 235 I'm happy to report!) I've found the holster to be extremely comfortable even carrying a full sized weapon.

Normally I wear jeans and an untucked t-shirt or polo style shirt. Both pistols are practically invisible when I'm dressed like that. My everyday shirts are definitely not tight. I intentionally buy them a size larger not for purposes of concealment but because I find that to be most comfortable.

This week though, I have been meeting all week with customers and have been wearing dress slacks, a more closely fitted shirt tucked in, etc. Doing things like drawing on a whiteboard which tend to rather quickly expose any printing issues in a carry setup.

I was a bit worried at first whether the Maxtuck would:

A. stay tucked (I didn't want to be constantly fussing with my shirt, tucking it back in), and
B. conceal the pistol well enough with the closer fitting shirt tucked in.

I'm happy to report that even with the tighter shirt tucked in, the weapon absolutely disappears. My shirt tail has stayed put. I am extremely happy with this holster.

I suspect that all holsters of this variety (Crossbreed, kits, Galco, etc) would perform as well.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back