IWB holster question

drummer34

I have recently purchased a Blackhawk IWB leather holster. I have been breaking it in as all leather holsters need breaking in. I don't know if anyone else who uses or has used this holster. I have found at least for me that it really presses against my side when i wear it. If i pull my shirt even slightly, you can partly make out the gun grip. Has anyone had this problem with this holster? My carry gun is Glock 30 4th generation 45. What do some of you think of the blackhawk line as far as concealment? I have used one of their nylon IWB holsters. Not good at all with re-holstering. What are some better IWB holsters on the market?

My IWB rubbed also so I went to Michaels (art store) and purchased some self adhesive felt and covered the back that come into contact with my skin. Several years now, more sweat than I care to think about and it still works great.

Also, don't stress "printing". Nobody is going to notice except for maybe a fellow carrier and even then, nobody will say anything much less care

Grrrrr, doesn't look the best but it doesn't allow the leather/metal to rub my skin

Link Removed

I have recently purchased a Blackhawk IWB leather holster. I have been breaking it in as all leather holsters need breaking in. I don't know if anyone else who uses or has used this holster. I have found at least for me that it really presses against my side when i wear it. If i pull my shirt even slightly, you can partly make out the gun grip. Has anyone had this problem with this holster? My carry gun is Glock 30 4th generation 45. What do some of you think of the blackhawk line as far as concealment? I have used one of their nylon IWB holsters. Not good at all with re-holstering. What are some better IWB holsters on the market?

You are never going to be 100 % comfortable with the firearm in an IWB carry. Not familiar with the Blackhawk. Does it have a sweat band (leather extending up the slide to protect the gun from the skin)?

As for the printing issue take a look at the type of cover garments you are wearing. They may not be big enough to properly flow around the waist. And, as another poster mentioned, most people will not notice slight printing. Most wouldn't even notice if you were open carrying.

Everybody has a drawer full of holsters they hate. :) It's an extremely personal choice. For my money I love crossbreed holsters. If I'm going to be out and active for the day, I won't wear any other holster. It's the best IWB holster I own for reholstering easily (though I imagine most leather/kydex hybrids are similar. You get what you pay for with holsters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can be 100% comfortable.
But it's not just the holster.
The gun has a part in it as well.
My Kahr CW45 can be a little uncomfortable and print a little. But my LC9 is friggin heaven! I barely know it's there wearing it IWB.

g30 is a pretty wide pistol.

I do have a leather Kydex holster made by Kohlster for my CW45 but rarely use it. I prefer a holster like this.
Link Removed
I prefer that mostly cause it's less bulk and you can disarm and remove holster at the same time. So you not reholstering with a open trigger!
I hated reholstering my CW45 into my leather/Kydex IWB.

I just ordered one for my taurus 24/7 g2 compact 9. Got the combo for 68 bucks that has a owb holster with it.

I picked up an Aliengear for my wife's first iwb for her lcr. Cheap price just incase she didn't like it. Comfortable enough and with that lightweight a weapon barely noticed. I will say I find it hangs up while holstering which I do not like.
I picked up a Garrett industries Silent Thunder Fusion for my 5" 1911 which I've been very happy with. More comfortable right out of the box than the Aliengear and with that heavy weapon, carries very well all day long. It's a leather/kydex hybrid, but with leather lining the kydex side as well (which I like for weapon wear), suede and closed cell foam lining the body side for comfort. 7-10 to ship, received mine 10 days or so after ordering. This is now my everyday go to and I couldn't be happier.
Link Removed

I have tried several types of holsters (cross draw, OWB, IWB, shoulder hoster, fanny pack) and use for my everyday concealed carry the Galco Walkabout Inside the Pant Holster for my Glock 27 and my Kimber .45 ACP Stainless Ultra TLE II. Both have an additional mag pouch. Soft suede exterior.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back