IWB Comfort. What am I doing wrong?

pocketdrummer

I have been trying to carry for a while now, but no matter what holster I've tried, it's almost never comfortable or it conceals poorly.

I started with a glock 23 in an off the shelf soft holster. It had obvious problems. Too big, terrible retention, etc. I dumped that setup almost immediately.

Next up, the KelTec PF9 with a White Hat Holsters Hybrid. This was FAR better than the previous setup, but I still had trouble concealing well in Texas weather clothing. I wore a lot of t-shirts, so concealment wasn't 100%.

Currently, I have a P365 and a Vedder holster. The Vedder conceals very well, but it's painful in every position I've tried. In appendix it's fine while standing up, but when I sit it jabs hard into my stomach and leg. I have a desk job now, so that makes it a miserable experience. If I switch to a 3-5º position it prints a hair more and I can sit down without issues, but walking around is painful because it's jabbing me in the leg all day. After two days of that, I ended up with bruises from the nose of the gun.

So, what is there to do now? I've been looking at the ProTEQ Kybrid holster so I have good retention and comfort from the leather. Is there a better option? Is there something I can do with the Vedder to make it comfortable?

I have been trying to carry for a while now, but no matter what holster I've tried, it's almost never comfortable or it conceals poorly.

I started with a glock 23 in an off the shelf soft holster. It had obvious problems. Too big, terrible retention, etc. I dumped that setup almost immediately.

Next up, the KelTec PF9 with a White Hat Holsters Hybrid. This was FAR better than the previous setup, but I still had trouble concealing well in Texas weather clothing. I wore a lot of t-shirts, so concealment wasn't 100%.

Currently, I have a P365 and a Vedder holster. The Vedder conceals very well, but it's painful in every position I've tried. In appendix it's fine while standing up, but when I sit it jabs hard into my stomach and leg. I have a desk job now, so that makes it a miserable experience. If I switch to a 3-5º position it prints a hair more and I can sit down without issues, but walking around is painful because it's jabbing me in the leg all day. After two days of that, I ended up with bruises from the nose of the gun.

So, what is there to do now? I've been looking at the ProTEQ Kybrid holster so I have good retention and comfort from the leather. Is there a better option? Is there something I can do with the Vedder to make it comfortable?

I'm sorry but IWB just doesn't work for some people. I carried IWB for a couple of years but one day I put the holster on and it galled me. It didn't matter where I placed it or how tight or loose I wore my belt it hurt. I started carrying in a Pancacke style holster and the problem went away

You are gonna get a dozen different answers but my wife and I have been using a Foxx brand LittleFoxx for IWB. I carry at 4 o'clock and she carries at 2 o'clock with no discomfort and very little print. I carry a G27 and she carries a P238. My dad carries a P365 in a Alien Wear IWB with nearly no printing.
You will end up with several holsters that you never use, it's part of the process.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How new are you to carrying a CCW? I’m 5’11” and weigh 248lbs, so I’m not exactly a stick shape. But I can carry my SD40VE, which is almost identical to the G23, in a Raw Dog IWB holster in comfort. Even driving from Ohio to Myrtle Beach and back on vacations, I had no issue. My Walther PPS M2 is even more comfortable to carry.

L8R,
Matt

I am 5’11 360lbs I carry a XDS40. I have experimented with crapload of holsters. The best I’ve found for my body type is Made by Kat Luca.
Check it out at kat_luca.com

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back