Ive been researching, but need some opinon

Crazy bird

Hi all I have several Pcs. but I'am looking to buy in the 7.62x51 (308) flavor rifle . I've been looking @ M1A , armalite & Les Beaur products , I want piston driven and 20 in. or so barrel . Being not to familure w/this sort of weapon so to speak I would like some opinons . Yes I do know the M1a is not piston driven but I hear there pretty sweet ?

I have an M1A Standard and yes....it's very sweet! :biggrin: Simple, low-maintinence, effective.

BTW, the M1A is a gas-piston rifle.

Not sure what you're looking to spend, but the SCAR is always an option. Not sure the bbl length options though. I have one in .223 and LOVE it.

B2Tall thanks for a few yrs. now I've been tossing this around ,the M1 Garand was of interest but the M1A was drawing me back . reserching all the tactical Pcs. they all look pretty good , the problem is there to many to chose from (and thats not a bad thing)! But the M1A looks so simple its like to good to be true and I like that . I like rugged and the heft do-es not matter, but simple and accurate do-es !

B2Tall thanks for a few yrs. now I've been tossing this around ,the M1 Garand was of interest but the M1A was drawing me back . reserching all the tactical Pcs. they all look pretty good , the problem is there to many to chose from (and thats not a bad thing)! But the M1A looks so simple its like to good to be true and I like that . I like rugged and the heft do-es not matter, but simple and accurate do-es !

Here's a thread I started after purchasing my M1A:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/long-guns-discussion/15585-springfield-m1a.html

Ignore the posts near the end. They were responses to a flamer who I (and others) embarrassed last year.

Thanks B2Tall Thanks for helping me to conferm my opinons ,so that is going to be my next purchase if and when I get back to work . You said you replaced the top gaurd to a rail system can you tell me were you got it and have you shot any standard ammo throw it .

Thanks B2Tall Thanks for helping me to conferm my opinons ,so that is going to be my next purchase if and when I get back to work . You said you replaced the top gaurd to a rail system can you tell me were you got it and have you shot any standard ammo throw it .

This is what I have on mine: MGR-088 - Leapers UTG M14 Tactical 6 Point Handguard Rails Does not Fit Match M1A Rifles

Easy to install. I've used either Remington UMC or PMC Bronze .308 ammo in the rifle. No problems. One word of caution concerning magazines - use only Springfield factory mags on the M1A even though they're expensive (usually around $50). I've bought a couple of generic $20 mags for it and they don't fit well at all. Other have had this problem as well. I guess whoever is cranking out the cheap no-name mags for this rifle isn't exactly up to par.

B2Tall where did ya get it from and do ya have a picture ??

I got it from a local dealer. The Standard model can be a little tough to come by. I had to wait about 2 months before my guy could get ahold of one (he had to buy a bunch of Springfield pistols before they'd ship him one). Nobody else in my area had one either. The other variants (Scout, SoCom, Match) are a bit more common and a lot more expensive.

Guns003.jpg

Guns001-2.jpg

How sweet It Is !!!!

B2Tall that is one sweet Pcs. I like it !!! I have been checking out the ammo on sites and I'm not to impressed with what I se with the NATO bulk ammo . Seems to be a lot of complaints with corrosion and you say no problems with the Remmington UMC or PMC bronze OK . Well I'm pleased to say THANK YOU for your time & info and I go back to work monday so I will have this fine pcs. of machinery really soon . I like the Leaper to !!!!!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back