Irvine woman wants roadside memorial to honor truck crash victims.

Warbirds

Irvine woman wants roadside memorial to honor fish killed in truck crash | Fox News

IRVINE, Calif. – An Orange County woman has asked the city of Irvine to erect a sign honoring hundreds of truck crash victims -- who were fish.
About 1,600 pounds of saltwater bass died on Oct. 11 when a container truck hauling them to market got into a three-way crash.
Dina Kourda, a local volunteer with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, wrote the head of street maintenance requesting a sign at the intersection to honor the fish.
Kourda's letter notes that while roadside memorials traditionally honor human beings, she hopes an exception will be made to remind drivers that all animals -- in her words -- "value their lives and feel pain."
Irvine spokesman Craig Reem tells the Los Angeles Times that no memorial is planned.

I personally think it is tragic that no memorial is being planned for the helpless victims of this crash..:sad:... So what I propose is that this Saturday everyone that wishes to participate join me in your own personal memorial. What I suggest is possibly sitting down at a pond and enjoying a nice fish filet sandwich or fish taco or anything else that helps you remember the victims of this crash. Whatever you do just don't forget the tarter sauce or lemon wedge.
:dirol:

Irvine woman wants roadside memorial to honor fish killed in truck crash | Fox News

IRVINE, Calif. – An Orange County woman has asked the city of Irvine to erect a sign honoring hundreds of truck crash victims -- who were fish.
About 1,600 pounds of saltwater bass died on Oct. 11 when a container truck hauling them to market got into a three-way crash.
Dina Kourda, a local volunteer with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, wrote the head of street maintenance requesting a sign at the intersection to honor the fish.
Kourda's letter notes that while roadside memorials traditionally honor human beings, she hopes an exception will be made to remind drivers that all animals -- in her words -- "value their lives and feel pain."
Irvine spokesman Craig Reem tells the Los Angeles Times that no memorial is planned.

I personally think it is tragic that no memorial is being planned for the helpless victims of this crash..:sad:... So what I propose is that this Saturday everyone that wishes to participate join me in your own personal memorial. What I suggest is possibly sitting down at a pond and enjoying a nice fish filet sandwich or fish taco or anything else that helps you remember the victims of this crash. Whatever you do just don't forget the tarter sauce or lemon wedge.
:dirol:
Here's a dilemma. An atheist PETA member. Would the memorial have a cross?

I live in Irvine and those dead fish served a greater purpose. Feeding the flocks of seagulls and crows. Their memory will live on in the birds until one shits on my car.

Not everyone out here is retarded like that chick.

And they walk among us. We can only hope they win a Darwin award before they reproduce.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back