Introducing Myself


New member
yMy name is Devoni and I am new to this forum. We have several weapons but I got a Kel Tech PF9 9mm pistol for Christmas from my hubby.
I am interested in meeting you and learning all I can about conceal/carry laws in MS. I am currently in Lauderdale County, MS working at a new power plant being built in Kemper County.
I would like to know if I can apply for a permit here or if I need to go to my home county. Thanks in advance for your help!:blink:

As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust. Laws disarming honest citizens proclaim that the government is the master, not the servant, of the people.

-- Jeff Snyder:triniti:

Welcome to the forum. In answer to your question, conceal carry permits are issued by the state and not the county. You can go online to the MHP website and download the application. Directions are on the app. There are two levels of conceal carry permits, basic and enhanced. The latter requires instruction which can be obtained in a number of locations. A list of qualified instructors is also on the MHP website.
Welcome Devoni and what a great Christmas present!!

On this site there is some great information. It would appear that you can either go online like Woody says or in person to a state Highway Patrol station or one of the substations.

Here's a link: Mississippi Concealed Carry Permit Information

Let us know how the Firearm's Permit process goes for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Latest member