Intro and different question

Rick Osgood

Hello,

My wife and I travel full time in our RV and have set up official residency in South Dakota. We will not really spend any time there so here is my dilemma....

I want to get a CCW and am looking at non-resident requirements. In all states I have checked so far, you can only get a non-resident permit if you have a resident permit from your home state. It would be really expensive to drive our RV to Texas and spend the 30 days in state to qualify for the resident permit. Do any states issue a non-resident permit without the resident permit?

Thanks!!

Hello,

My wife and I travel full time in our RV and have set up official residency in South Dakota. We will not really spend any time there so here is my dilemma....

I want to get a CCW and am looking at non-resident requirements. In all states I have checked so far, you can only get a non-resident permit if you have a resident permit from your home state. It would be really expensive to drive our RV to Texas and spend the 30 days in state to qualify for the resident permit. Do any states issue a non-resident permit without the resident permit?

Thanks!!
that's not true, I believe that fla will issue a license regardless of your having a home state permit

What they said above.

With that, next time you're in SD, you should get the SD permit. It's only $10, no prints, no photo, no training, short form. That will then clear the way for any that require home permit (UT, for example). Also pay attention to the fact that a few states do not recognize non-resident permits from states they otherwise recognize.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back