Interesting day at the insurance agency.

S&W645

NRA Life Member
I go in to pay my auto insurance and the normal person who takes care of payments is not at her deck. So I get called back to another young ladies deck. Instead of a young Hispanic I get a what could best be described as a Florida Cracker. Take care of the payment while chit chatting about different rates between Ohio, N. Florida, and the Southern end of the mainland. As I go to leave she mentions about the gun shop t-shirt I have on. Rut ro, here comes an anti-gun sermon. Couldn't be further from the case. Turns out she like shooting a USGI Grease Gun but just can't afford one. She has several guns just no full autos. She shoots in the IDPA too. It also turns out that her dad is a gun collector and she has no brothers. So she gets his collection at some point. Too bad I'm about twice her age. :redface: May make some lucky guy a good wife one day.

PS: Did I mention that she's cute too.

And today in the mail was a card from her, with a hand written quotation of Jefferson's, thanking me for being a loyal customer. And so there is no "it didn't happen without pics";

I go in to pay my auto insurance and the normal person who takes care of payments is not at her deck. So I get called back to another young ladies deck. Instead of a young Hispanic I get a what could best be described as a Florida Cracker. Take care of the payment while chit chatting about different rates between Ohio, N. Florida, and the Southern end of the mainland. As I go to leave she mentions about the gun shop t-shirt I have on. Rut ro, here comes an anti-gun sermon. Couldn't be further from the case. Turns out she like shooting a USGI Grease Gun but just can't afford one. She has several guns just no full autos. She shoots in the IDPA too. It also turns out that her dad is a gun collector and she has no brothers. So she gets his collection at some point. Too bad I'm about twice her age. :redface: May make some lucky guy a good wife one day.

So what is a Florida Cracker, sounds like a bad thing?

Florida Cracker in the good terminology means a native Floridian of many generations and normally of the middle of the state or more northerly. A very independent self supporting type who will defend their property and way of life. They survived in Florida and thrived before air conditioning or protection from mosquitoes.

Good story! There are many responsible people in this country who have guns. The issue is removing them from the hands of the irresponsible!

Florida Cracker in the good terminology means a native Floridian of many generations and normally of the middle of the state or more northerly. A very independent self supporting type who will defend their property and way of life. They survived in Florida and thrived before air conditioning or protection from mosquitoes.

I've always worn that moniker with distinction. Cracker term has a varied history. From cowboys heading beef using a whip (Fla. used to be the 2nd largest beef producer in the US) to a longevity of generations that where born and raised in Florida.
The racists have used it for....well you know.
The avatar is a sunrise at Amelia Island, Fla. One of these days, I'll hopefully retire there. God willing.

It also turns out that her dad is a gun collector and she has no brothers. So she gets his collection at some point. Too bad I'm about twice her age. :redface: May make some lucky guy a good wife one day.

Maybe she likes older men.

Young hotel clerk in Stephens City VA shocked me too. An anti-0bama person of Mexican heritage but born here in the US. College age students may be catching on too. She is very afraid of what could be coming in across the Mexico-Texas border.

Good story! There are many responsible people in this country who have guns. The issue is removing them from the hands of the irresponsible!

So much wrong in this one little comment... If you think a little more deeply about your little brain fart, you would realize that it implies governmental oversight of a "no-fly" gun list, the unilateral and probably permanent removal of someone's gun rights, centralized gun registration, and forced confiscation (probably via a SWAT no-knock raid and a flash-bang grenade thrown into your children's beds). These are all fightin' words that the members of this board go to great lengths to decry and resist.

Maybe you're a secret member of "Mommys Demand Action"? I've seen some of your other posts and think maybe you just need to read more and speak less.

Maybe you're a secret member of "Mommys Demand Action"? I've seen some of your other posts and think maybe you just need to read more and speak less.

FireRunner should at least take his comments to the MDA and Brady Bunch websites and forums - they will agree with him there.

So what if your twice her age, as long as she's 21, years ago a big difference in age was unusual, but today nobody cares, if there's no static from her family go for it :biggrin:

If I was you I would show her a picture of my gun collection! THAT could be the deal sealer!!! :biggrin:

Even as a NC boy, I know that a Florida Cracker is someone born and raised in Florida, probably a minority in that state.

Even in NC, people are always asking "where you from", and when I say "right here" I get the deer in the headlights look, which also puts me in the minority category here.

If I was you I would show her a picture of my gun collection! THAT could be the deal sealer!!! :biggrin:
She has already asked to see pictures. And this arrived today. Link Removed
97 years old and only dropped who knows how many times.

Even as a NC boy, I know that a Florida Cracker is someone born and raised in Florida, probably a minority in that state.

Even in NC, people are always asking "where you from", and when I say "right here" I get the deer in the headlights look, which also puts me in the minority category here.
I am no where near being a Cracker but have spent most of the last 52 years here in Florida. Most would never guess that I was born over 8300 miles from here. Yankees do know I'm not from up north by my pronunciation of some words and on rare occasions, the British influence of youth does come out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back