Indiana School Board Unanimously Passes Guns in School Policy

indyyy

Seems it's happening in quite a few states. Since we had the Mo. article recently stating they were paying $17,500 to train 2 staffers, I'm curious to see how much the firearms classes will cost here. I haven't seen anything about that yet - it may be teachers and staff who want to carry pay for their own firearms classes.

Link Removed

I wonder about that too -maybe they are meaning school board to include teachers. Gun at school laws are being changed this year in Indiana, so I suppose there will be some confusion while they figure out what the law actually is.

I just found this from a Dec. 2012 article:

"In Indiana, anyone appointed as a school security guard can carry a gun on school property. In most cases, guards are off-duty police officers, but they don't have to be.
Republican state Sen. Jim Tomes says he had intended to suggest changing the law so teachers could carry guns during the 2013 session, but since then he's found out they already can.
Tomes says it's a school policy decision."

And a law was passed recently that allows guns on school parking lots.

Little steps begin longer journeys.

I agree, board members is about a zero contribution to safety. Teachers need to be included.

The training and psych eval requirments seem a little high on the recurring side.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back