Indiana Lifetime Ccw

Jengelke

Just relocated to Indiana and trying to learn the ins and outs of their system here. In Nevada where I came from the rules and regulations seem much stricter.

Your existing Nevada carry permit is valid in Indiana. If you are a new Indiana resident you can apply for a lifetime carry permit from the Indiana State Police through your local law enforcement office. Application is done online. For info follow this web site: www.in.gov/ISP/2824.htm

Existing Permit needs to be replaced. Once residence is estabilished it is not valid. Current wait times for LTCH seem to have returned to normal - about 2 to 3 weeks. It is best / fastest to use the electronic filing and electronic fingerprinting. The lifetime LTCH is best.

Also - in Indiana - it is a License to Carry a Handgun (LTCH) - the method of carry, and what you carry, are up to you.
IIRC - in NV you're CCWP only covers what you test with.
Lifetime License is the best deal around.

Link above for a lot more info;

also if you are on facebook check out: "Indiana Moms Against Gun Control" ... we have reviews of the newly passesd and signed laws
and work to empower gun owners w/ info and educational materials. ... hint: we aren't just moms, we don't do 'memes', we fact check and try to include references w/ posts. - the point of the name is to say other's (using mom in name of group) don't speak for all moms.

Damn glad that I joined USACARRY and I thank everyone for the information. Coming from Nevada I also have a UTAH CCW, next step Indiana! The information in this site is exceptional and I look forward to a long relationship. Thanks again!

Existing Permit needs to be replaced. Once residence is estabilished it is not valid. Current wait times for LTCH seem to have returned to normal - about 2 to 3 weeks. It is best / fastest to use the electronic filing and electronic fingerprinting. The lifetime LTCH is best.

Also - in Indiana - it is a License to Carry a Handgun (LTCH) - the method of carry, and what you carry, are up to you.

Correct..... but to be a bit more specific, "mode" of carry is up to you because the Indiana code is silent on the issue, and NOT because Indiana code says you can carry either way. :)

Correct Jay,
I would clarify this better as well ... while indiana reckognizes all permits for non-residents ... if you are a resident they require you to have IN LTCH, ...

Indiana shall issue a License to Carry Handgun, LTCH, be it open carry or concealed carry if you are not found being guilty of bad character.

Please get the Lifetime License. It's just a bit more costly but well worth the extra cost. The LTCH covers all firearms.

I love Indiana. While not perfect, it is darn close, IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back