Indiana fees?

oxide9er

I live in Marshall County Indiana and am wondering if there is a type of license/permit that allows for open carry of a handgun. If so what are the fees involved? I'm not looking for a concealed carry permit, as my Beretta 92FS is too big to easily conceal on my person. Does the concealed carry permit allow for open carry? I tried researching this on my own but all I can find are the laws and regulations surrounding concealed carry. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

The License to Carry Handgun in Indiana is for both open or concealed carry. Indiana law doesn't specify method of carry so open carry is allowed with the permit.

Indiana is a shall-issue state, meaning concealed carry permits must be issued to qualified candidates. Residents (or non-residents with businesses in Indiana) apply for carry permits through their local law enforcement agency and permits are issued by the Indiana State Police. Applicants are required to submit to fingerprinting and a background check but are not required to pass a handgun safety course. The cost is $30 for a four-year permit and $75 for a lifetime permit. Persons with a permit can carry handguns concealed or openly. Open carry is prohibited for persons without a permit.

Should answer you question.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back