In The Waste Band

ITCH

I wonder which one feels best? I cant decide. Will be for a Beretta Nano 9MM pistol. One is High and One is Low.

Link RemovedLink Removed

I migrated away from single-clip IWB holsters after finding that they just were not as stable as compared to dual-clip or dual point holsters. I currently use Crossbreed Supertucks as my primary holsters for my carry guns, and am very pleased with them. Much more stable than my single clip holsters, keeps the gun in the right place at the right cant all the time. There are several manufacturers who make good stable IWB holsters. Finding the best holster for "you" can take some time. I have a drawer with several holsters that just don't see much use anymore. Don't skimp, it's worth the time and money to find the best rig for "you." I'm not saying a single-clip IWB holster can't work for you, just that my experience led me away from them. Practice, practice with whatever rig you end up using.

I migrated away from single-clip IWB holsters after finding that they just were not as stable as compared to dual-clip or dual point holsters. I currently use Crossbreed Supertucks as my primary holsters for my carry guns, and am very pleased with them. Much more stable than my single clip holsters, keeps the gun in the right place at the right cant all the time. There are several manufacturers who make good stable IWB holsters. Finding the best holster for "you" can take some time. I have a drawer with several holsters that just don't see much use anymore. Don't skimp, it's worth the time and money to find the best rig for "you." I'm not saying a single-clip IWB holster can't work for you, just that my experience led me away from them. Practice, practice with whatever rig you end up using.

I agree but if you like it go for but 99.9% of peoples that bought them love them included myself.

For IWB holsters, my preference is a no-clip variety, like the Remora. I've worn one a bunch. It doesn't move. Period. And I don't think you can find one that is more comfortable or priced better. Link Removed

the crossbreed style with two clips are the way to go. If those two are the only choice I would go with the first one. Better angle and it has the leather going high to keep your slide and sights from digging in your side.

definition: waste: to neglect to use ... to destroy, devistate, or ruin
waist: the narrow part of the body between rib cage and hips

IWB types that are leather, cause a hot spot on the hip in warm~hot weather for me. I like kydex single clip types with built in body shield...easy on, easy off, & no absorption of perspiration... HOWEVER, I'm carrying a light / thin Kahr CM9.... if I was carrying a larger, say 1911, the crossbreed type distributes the weight far better...

I have a crossbreed Super Tuck one for my M&P 40 full size and another for my Shield 40 with Crimson Trace laser, both in horsehide. I always wear some kind of undershirt to keep it all off my skin, best way to carry for long periods. I also have a Versa Carry for the shield that also carries very well, but to reholster you must remove it from your belt. Will not mention the others collecting dust.

definition: waste: to neglect to use ... to destroy, devistate, or ruin
waist: the narrow part of the body between rib cage and hips

Gotta be a buster, huh...? (Actually when I saw the misprint, I imagined a rock group that played in the sewer...)

As long as we're talking about Crossbreeds, I'm considering one for my full size Beretta PX4. Will a dual clip Crossbreed work IWB at 1:30 (think they call it appendix carry)? Anybody use one of these holsters for that?

I find that high feels better than low and the cant will keep it from bumping your elbow too much but keep it close enough that you can check on it with your elbow. You might prefer it low though...try them both!

Gotta be a buster, huh...? (Actually when I saw the misprint, I imagined a rock group that played in the sewer...)

As long as we're talking about Crossbreeds, I'm considering one for my full size Beretta PX4. Will a dual clip Crossbreed work IWB at 1:30 (think they call it appendix carry)? Anybody use one of these holsters for that?

That's the way I wear mine. I did trim down the leather on all sides to make it a little easier to take off & put on. It also helps to keep things a little cooler in the hot humid southern summers.

-

Well went to the local gun store today and after trying several Holster on I went with a Tagua low ride IWB with a clip. I also noticed the Beretta Nano 9MM fits pretty snug in it even after Re holstering it several time Leather did not fold on me. I only gave $15.00 for it. Does pretty good in the pocket also for quick draw if need be. Here are a few pics.

It is kinda hard for me to find a Holster that feels good and that will fit around my fat gut lol

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

Well went to the local gun store today and after trying several Holster on I went with a Tagua low ride IWB with a clip.

I had a holster a while back like that, but the only complaint I had was with that type of "over the belt" clip. I found that the holster could dislodge during a draw, in other words, the clip could slip upward over the belt.
After that I picked up a DeSantis Tuck This, with a clip that goes under the belt and then clips the bottom of the belt from underneath. Worst that can happen is your adrenalin could give you an atomic wedgie. The DeSantis is OK, but tucking your shirt in with it on is a real pain.
Think there's a Crossbreed in my near future...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back