In search of the ideal weapon-mounted light

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I bought an AimKon HiLight for my G22 a couple of weeks ago for $30. I REALLY wanted a light for my weapon, but I didn't want to spend $100+ on one. The light itself works fine, but, apart from the Fobus EM17 (which is a one-size-fits-all holster for any kind of weapon light), NOBODY makes holsters that will fit this light. The Fobus holster I did buy isn't one I'd recommend for EDC; it's more of a nightstand type of holster, in my opinion. Anyway, after seeing the error of my ways, I finally sprung for a Surefire X300 a little while ago on Amazon. Once I receive the Surefire and get a couple of holsters for it, the Aimkon will find its way into my drawer full of holsters. I consider this wasted $30 a lesson well learned.

I've got a TLR-2 HL G on my home defense/nightstand gun which is currently my Beretta 90-Two. I decided that since I carry a XD Mod.2 I would rather a similar gun as my home defense gun so this morning I figured I would put the light on it and make the switch. I'm also looking at getting the slide milled to put a Vortex Venom red dot on it but still have some research to do in that area. Well, I realized I threw away the Surefire box that had all the rail keys in it so I had to order a new set since the one in the light only fits the 90-two. So that's a $13 waste for not paying attention to what I'm throwing away. I'll be getting a tackle box this weekend to keep track of spare parts like that so I don't make that mistake again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back