I'm unarmed now.

Lakeland Man

Well, since I've been out of work for so long, I've had to bring both my 9mm and my .45 to the pawn shop. It really feels strange to be going out armed with only a knife.

Sorry to hear that, and pawn shops are really terrible places to sell guns you'll get less than half what they're probably worth to sell to an individual... uhm, if you're on a budget hi-points really aren't too terrible for the 150ish or so they cost new. Or get a NEF pardner 12ga pump at walmart for about 120+tax...

I appreciate the suggestions but I'm hoping to get the pistols back when I find a job. And it's tough to concealed carry a 12ga.

That stinks man, I hope you can get them back when things are better. I had a Beretta 9mm that I loved but had to sell it to a pawn shop and got hosed in the process. Never again.

That stinks man, I hope you can get them back when things are better. I had a Beretta 9mm that I loved but had to sell it to a pawn shop and got hosed in the process. Never again.

I never sell at pawn shops. I understand they have to make money but they're just greedy. They never want to give more than about 40-50% of fair market value. They just play on people's desperation.

I'd do everything possible to get them back. It'll be tough to replace them, especially now with a buying frenzy going on...the gun stores here are 'packed' all the time, so not many "deals" to be had these days.

I agree with some of the others that pawn shops are not the preferred option, but where else are you going to get quick cash...and...be able to get your guns back. You'll get more from a private sale, but that's also a final sale.

Hope things improve for you soon. Keep your head up!

I never sell at pawn shops. I understand they have to make money but they're just greedy. They never want to give more than about 40-50% of fair market value. They just play on people's desperation.
That's because they know most of the stuff is stolen and the person bringing it in is happy to get anything cause its more than what they've got in it.

That's because they know most of the stuff is stolen and the person bringing it in is happy to get anything cause its more than what they've got in it.

That's not true. Pawn shops don't buy stolen stuff on purpose because when they do they get screwed.

my brother is going the the same pain.it has really put him in a bad mood.he is kinda moody anyway so maybe its for the good that he pawned them.

This is second or third person info, so take it or leave it. When you buy or sell firearms at a pawn shop, I have heard that if you are stopped for a traffic infraction, some dispatchers have information radioed to the officer that you are a "pawner of guns".

Legal? Illegal? Information that is legal to collect and distribute to law enforcement agencies?

It seemed to me that the info, if legit, is another violation of our rights to privacy. Is this something that our alphabet soup agencies require now?

I don't pawn or buy pawned items, but this seemed another addition to the apparent big brother meddling in our private lives.

I realize transactions of firearms kept with 4473s as records, but this was the first time I've heard the "pawner of guns" moniker used, during a traffic stop.

Any LEOs care to comment on something I may be missing here?

This is second or third person info, so take it or leave it. When you buy or sell firearms at a pawn shop, I have heard that if you are stopped for a traffic infraction, some dispatchers have information radioed to the officer that you are a "pawner of guns".

Legal? Illegal? Information that is legal to collect and distribute to law enforcement agencies?

It seemed to me that the info, if legit, is another violation of our rights to privacy. Is this something that our alphabet soup agencies require now?

I don't pawn or buy pawned items, but this seemed another addition to the apparent big brother meddling in our private lives.

I realize transactions of firearms kept with 4473s as records, but this was the first time I've heard the "pawner of guns" moniker used, during a traffic stop.

Any LEOs care to comment on something I may be missing here?

That's sounds pretty ridiculous. When pawn shops buy guns or take them into pawn several of them run the serial numbers by law enforcement to make sure they're not stolen. They're not required by any means though to tell LE who brought it in without a court order. Unless all pawn shops are voluntarily giving up this information there's no way LE would have it. And it seems like rather arbitrary info to give an officer during a traffic stop.

Many don't know it but on the form 4473 there is a place that gets checked if it is a pawn redemption. BATFE finds that out when they look at the forms.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back