I'm Puzzled

mojoman

I'm trying to understand this Reciprocity and I know that it's easy for some peoples but I was told two different story. What I what to know is I live in Washington State and have my CCL for here and I also have one for AZ and OR which is a non-resident of course. The wife and I want to travel down to SC this summer and I want to travel with my firearm. Now the question I have is will I be cover for just the 4 to 5 days that I will be in SC or not? Thanks guys for your reply, I want to be legal but not without.

You are receiving 2 different answers because the answer to your question is both 'yes' and 'no'.

South Carolina does not honor any of your resident or non-resident permits. SC and WA do not have reciprocity,
and SC does not honor any non-res permits. So you may not legally carry openly or concealed.

However, a handgun may be kept "secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed
trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of

the vehicle;

Source: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/southcarolina.pdf

Hope this helps.

Okay, I can deal with that at less but I just can't carry in my IWB, I hope this change about time I go if I go now. Thanks for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back