Illinoisans here with non-resident LTC

junglebob

I was wondering how many Illinoisans here have a non-resident LTC like I do? Actually I have 2, one from Pennsylvania which I've had for several years and Utah which I got this year. With Utah I can conceal carry in 29 states, but not Illinois.

I have my Utah Non-Resident, which is good enough for the states that I travel/or stay in. The states of primary concern include Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, Kentucky, and Indiana.

As you may know Utah gives you 29 states, not Florida, but a lot in the midwest and west. Florida also gives you 29, not Minnesota. There are several eastern states than issue to non-residents but don't accept any other states LTC. Pa is fairly good for an Illinoisan as it gets you surrounding states, except Iowa, Minnesota and of course concealed carry right denied Wisconsin. No class needed to get a Pa LTC and everything can be done by mail. Also cost is only $26.

Utah & NH

I have Utah and NH permits. NH doesn't recognize nonresident permits from other states, but despite some information you find may online, they will issue a NH nonresident permit based on your Utah nonresident permit. Only gives you NH over and above Utah, but if you go to NH regularly, may be useful to know. (FOID won't do.) Y'all stay safe.
Mark

I decided to get both the Utah and Florida CCW's for now but I am not sure I will renew the Florida CCW since renewal cost is the same as a first time issue. While Utah is much more reasonable and with any luck we will have our own CCW by that time..

NRA Life Member since 1973
ISRA member

As you may know Utah gives you 29 states, not Florida, but a lot in the midwest and west. Florida also gives you 29, not Minnesota. There are several eastern states than issue to non-residents but don't accept any other states LTC. Pa is fairly good for an Illinoisan as it gets you surrounding states, except Iowa, Minnesota and of course concealed carry right denied Wisconsin. No class needed to get a Pa LTC and everything can be done by mail. Also cost is only $26.

IA will get picked up as of 1/1/11...when their Shall Issue law takes effect and they honor permits from ALL other states.

I have Utah and NH permits. NH doesn't recognize nonresident permits from other states, but despite some information you find may online, they will issue a NH nonresident permit based on your Utah nonresident permit. Only gives you NH over and above Utah, but if you go to NH regularly, may be useful to know. (FOID won't do.) Y'all stay safe.
Mark

NH just requires you to have a Link Removed

I decided to get both the Utah and Florida CCW's for now but I am not sure I will renew the Florida CCW since renewal cost is the same as a first time issue. While Utah is much more reasonable and with any luck we will have our own CCW by that time..

NRA Life Member since 1973
ISRA member

Go with Arizona...it has almost identical reciprocity as FL...is cheaper at $60/$43 initial/renewal...and since you have FL you already have the required training...even a copy of your FL license will suffice as proof of training.

Am new Illinois member - so, I can get a PA LTC over the email for $26, is this right? How do I get started?

My husband and I just got our PA permits about a month ago. We haven't used it yet, but we are planning our next road trip around it!

Just sent for my first

Just mailed out my Pennsylvania application. I've given up waiting on Illinois to Do the Right Thing! Hope I get it before June, I have to make a trip to North Carolina then and I will definitely be driving.

Just mailed out my Pennsylvania application. I've given up waiting on Illinois to Do the Right Thing! Hope I get it before June, I have to make a trip to North Carolina then and I will definitely be driving.

By June? You will probably have it my April! :biggrin:

They usually average a 2 week turn around...but they are swamped with last minute apps.

I have a Pennsylvania permit and just took the Utah class yesterday. I hope concealed carry passes in Illinois. Just think of the revenue the state of Illinois could bring in if it passes. Florida and Utah are making a fortune from Illinois residents.

I was wondering how many Illinoisans here have a non-resident LTC like I do? Actually I have 2, one from Pennsylvania which I've had for several years and Utah which I got this year. With Utah I can conceal carry in 29 states, but not Illinois.

I have PA, Florida and Nevada

My wife and I go to take our Utah class in 3 weeks. Very excited about it since I travel a lot for work and it would be really nice to make the carry legal...

Wel...................

Am new Illinois member - so, I can get a PA LTC over the email for $26, is this right? How do I get started?

As far as PA is concerned you are pretty much screwed insofar as by mail goes as they stopped taking aps by mail unless you care to travel to Centre County PA.Sheriff Denny Nau is a prince of a guy and very pro gun.
You CAN however apply for the Pima Salt River Reservation permit.
it is 2 sets of prints a picture and 16 dollars. Click on the AZ permit info area for a downloadable application. After you get this permit you are then eligible to apply to other states that require "permitting from any other state"
My advice is to get the AZ NR CCW permit(Arizona non resident)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back