Illinois First Concealed Carry Arrest. Justified or not?

AlphaKoncepts

A Chicago man allegedly pulled his firearm and threatened his tenants over a rent dispute. Link Removed

This is the first arrest of a concealed carry licensee in Illinois.

The bad thing is he was on his own property. So he could have a gun In the building if he wants. Though he is a complete dumbass for doin what he did. The media is having a field day with it cause he happened to have a CC permit as well.
Even though it's not related to CC.
But the state did revoke his CCL because of the incident.

Casper, you are right on all counts, assuming the allegations are true, the man is an idiot. His CCL was revoked because if convicted you are ineligible for CCL and the law as written says you are innocent until proven guilty. :(

VS how many concealed carry yesterday did nothing to threaten or harm anyone.

For the most part CCers are very law abiding and do not do dumb things like this. I should have been more clear, my point is that the IL anti's are going to jump on this dumba$$ and try to say that he is a prime example for strict gun control. It would not matter that the anti's case would be weak with that facts does not show the true face of CC!

But this incident is made to order for the anti's. They will do their best to blow the whole incident all out of proportion! Since IL just got CC passed and there are many elected morons who want to water down the CC bill. I was born and raised in Southern IL and moved to the Chicago and lived and worked there for 12 years. I know IL politics and there are many elected morons who take their orders from the Chicago Machine and the Chicago Machine does not want people to have guns PERIOD!

This is 2nd hand knowledge but I was discussing this yesterday and the guy I was speaking with isn't really a gun guy. He's not an anti either. He said the person arrested comes into his restaurant and was speaking about it and says he drew because he was pushed. Again it's recycled information, 2nd hand. Take it for what it is worth.

Assuming that is true. If I was pushed, I don't think I would draw my gun. 3 sides, my side, your side, and the truth.

I see today where the Chicago PD report the lowest murder rate since 1958. That's cause now the bad guys don't know who has a gun and who doesn't. They are actually cowards when their victim is armed.

If this is true.....
“O’Connell was involved in a quarrel over rent money with a 52-year-old man on March 23, police said. O’Connell allegedly pointed a handgun at the man and threatened to shoot him.”
..... then the arrest is justified.

A gun in the hand of a citizen is for self-defense of self or family, not rent collections.

This is 2nd hand knowledge but I was discussing this yesterday and the guy I was speaking with isn't really a gun guy. He's not an anti either. He said the person arrested comes into his restaurant and was speaking about it and says he drew because he was pushed. Again it's recycled information, 2nd hand. Take it for what it is worth.

Assuming that is true. If I was pushed, I don't think I would draw my gun. 3 sides, my side, your side, and the truth.

/sigh This adds too many complexities to the story or possible stories.

If someone like Bruce Lee, Bruce Li, Chuck Norris, Jacki Chan, Arnold Schwartznegger, Lou Ferrigno, Jesse Venturi, George "The Animal" Steele, etc... began aggressively pushing me I might want to draw my gun and begin backing away. Just because you're collecting rent at the time, doesn't give someone the right to assault you.

Now, the key to my drawing is.... Agressive. I'd back away first. Use of lethal force, or even the drawing of it against an unarmed man, should be a last resort.

/sigh This adds too many complexities to the story or possible stories.

If someone like Bruce Lee, Bruce Li, Chuck Norris, Jacki Chan, Arnold Schwartznegger, Lou Ferrigno, Jesse Venturi, George "The Animal" Steele, etc... began aggressively pushing me I might want to draw my gun and begin backing away. Just because you're collecting rent at the time, doesn't give someone the right to assault you.

Now, the key to my drawing is.... Agressive. I'd back away first. Use of lethal force, or even the drawing of it against an unarmed man, should be a last resort.

Agreed. I teach in my classes, rule #1 of self defense is not to put yourself in a situation where you need to use self defense. Rule #2 of self defense is to deescalate the situation regardless of who is right or wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back