Illinois Concealed Carry Bill

Midnight

Link Removed

Am I reading this right? The one state in the entire country that completely denies the right to carry a firearm is pondering passing shall-issue permit legislation?

Link Removed

Am I reading this right? The one state in the entire country that completely denies the right to carry a firearm is pondering passing shall-issue permit legislation?

Its in the works I heard. Now, whether or not it goes through is another thing. Even if it did, I bet the morons that run Chicago will find some way to deny it there.:mad:

Its in the works I heard. Now, whether or not it goes through is another thing. Even if it did, I bet the morons that run Chicago will find some way to deny it there.:mad:
Maybe...but getting it passed for now is whats important.
Once the foots in the door this battle will be won at some point.

To Snyders, the new legislation is an important step forward for Illinois, as it will grant qualified citizens the right to carry concealed weapons to defend themselves. Snyders is one of 13 Illinois sheriffs serving on a concealed-carry subcommittee created by the Illinois Sheriff’s Association (ISA).

“I’ve always been a supporter of concealed carry and I support the proposed legislation,” Snyders said. “I feel that citizens who meet the criteria of the application process have a right to carry firearms; (they) have a right to protect themselves. I’m hoping it is successful legislation.”
Wow..that is fantastic to have sheriffs coming out in favor of CCW.

yes we are going to shall issue... last i heard form the NRA lobbyist... all the police forces in Illinois are in favor, except Chicago chief of police and i think 1 other organization... cant remember right now... Sheriffs, ISP chiefs association are all in favor...

and what inside info i have... :biggrin: we will be joining the rest of the country :biggrin:

side note: unfortunately there will be no reciprocity, and there is no grandfathered in for training... if you want to carry in Illinois, you will have to take the IL course and license... at least for now...

Looks like this is getting more traction than the National Reciprocity bill in Congress. But what fun if HR822 actually passes this time, then IL will have reciprocity.

I'd be shocked if this made it to Gov. Quinn's desk and even more shocked if he signed it. He has stated previously that he is opposed to concealed carry but hedged recently through his spokeswoman.

We nearly got a shall issue out of a House committee in Maryland (1 vote short) so I guess that anything is possible.

the downstate dems have been pushing quinn... he changed from veto to, i'll look at it... which dont mean crap, but alot of the Dems are pushing him and the house leaders cause they are in fear they will lose next election if they dont get it passed...

need 71 in house and 36 in senate to pass... some reps have leaked saying they got the votes, others say they need a couple more... i'm hoping Quinn lets it sit and it becomes law with out him signing it or vetoing it...

The Brady Bunch have hired a lobbyist to fight against in Illinois, they have said (i'll see if i can find the quote and article) that "if we lose Illinois, we are done" or something along those lines...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back