IL CCW course content

DaveParta

I recently obtained my UT CCW thru an out-of-state provider. Now they are advertising for IL CCW classes. What's different? Can I have credit for my recent UT classes?

Looking at the concealed carry map, it looks like Illinois is the only thing you would gain by getting an IL CCW.

I'm looking thru yahoo search but not having much luck still new to the IL rules and what states they are going to accept and which states are going to allow the IL in their programs will work on this for you.

Illinois is a non-reciprocity state, meaning they will not accept another state's license to conceal Carry in Illinois. If you go to Link Removed they have all of the information you need

I recently obtained my UT CCW thru an out-of-state provider. Now they are advertising for IL CCW classes. What's different? Can I have credit for my recent UT classes?

Utah ccw training is on the approved list for prior training credit. It is approved for four hours credit. However, credit for prior training is at the discretion of the Illinois instructor. Check with the instructor who is doing the Illinois training.

Another note:

If I remember correctly, non-resident Utah permits (I have one) are only valid if your home state does not issue permits. If / when your home state starts issuing permits, you must obtain your home state permit within one year.

That said, if you are an Illinois resident, you must obtain an Illinois permit in order to maintain your Utah non resident permit.

I don't know if that one year clock started ticking in July (2013), when the law was past, or January (2014), when applications will be available.

You would receive a 4 hour credit for the 16 hour training requirement for the Illinois Carry Concealed. Save your training certificate as there is talk the state may not accept your actual Utah permit as proof of training and may require a copy of your training certificate. No matter what, unless you have completed 40 hour LEO or Security training, you need to take at least 8 hours.

Here in lies a problem however, because although the state is saying they will credit you 4 hours of training, they will not approve 4 or 12 hour curricula to make up the difference. If you don't have another 4 hour exemption, you may be stuck taking the full 16 hours. We were going to offer 4 hour supplemental classes until the state refused to approve 4 hours courses. Therefore rather than risk some of my students getting denied their carry license, I decided to offer full 8 hour NRA Basic Pistol classes for the cost of 4 hours.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in training or have any other questions.

Yep. Like they said above.
I have taken my IL CC class already. Just waiting for the app!!
I know a few surrounding states are accepting IL CC permit holders to carry. Hopefully they add some more.

Nice!! Thanks. The list is getting a bit longer. There's was only 4 or 5 when I last looked.
I really hope WI jumps in!! I go up there a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back