Ikea

blarg

Just bought a house and looking at all new furniture. Thought we'd visit Ikea. Unfortunately, they had a full 30.06 sign posted so I never even made it through the door. Ended up taking all my business to another furniture store that specializes in modern and mid-century furniture...and of much higher quality too.

Just bought a house and looking at all new furniture. Thought we'd visit Ikea. Unfortunately, they had a full 30.06 sign posted so I never even made it through the door. Ended up taking all my business to another furniture store that specializes in modern and mid-century furniture...and of much higher quality too.

Good for you! Ikea is (IMHO) a one time use furniture store! By that I mean that you assemble it, set in place and never move it. You never try to move it from one room to another let alone to another house across town. I have bought some of their stuff but knew it was only for short term and was NEVER going to be an heirloom!!!!!

But back to the OP. The store in MPLS, MN did not have a sign like that or I would have gone to Good Will or some other such place!!!

Did you mention to the store manager that you were taking your business down the road, and why? Shopping somewhere else has less impact if Ikea does not know they lost a good sale. Plus there should be some self satisfaction in seeing his response.

Did you mention to the store manager that you were taking your business down the road, and why? Shopping somewhere else has less impact if Ikea does not know they lost a good sale. Plus there should be some self satisfaction in seeing his response.
And contacting corporate offices would be a good idea too.

My wife and I did the same, only I had her go in and tell them. The guy came out and tried to get me in but i told him the sign was still up and had the wife get in and went to another. Never have returned, found a good second amendment supporter to deal with.

talking to the store manager would have involved either violating the 30.06 sign or disarming. Neither my wife nor I were interested in either option.

Ya you got to remeber it's not American base country. And Sweden and other countries like them are against guns. I will not support that. So you need to pay attention to what countries are making products. And beware of what they support. Unless you don't care.
I have an update on one franchise. Hoovers use to have a no gun sign in Ohio. Where I live it has been taken down. However I still don't agree with disgrading women in the uniforms they wear etc...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back