If it's legal to open carry, and concealed carry with a permit...

One thing to remember is this. A partially exposed firearm such as an IWB holster with part of the gun concealed inside your pants would be considered a concealed weapon. As such if you don't have your CCW permit you could be in violation of the law.

According to what statute? The only state for which that is true, that I am aware of, is Mississippi:

Link Removed
Summary
Mississippi is an open carry state and the state constitution appears to guarantee this right. Further, localities are generally preempted under state law from enacting local gun control ordnances that might restrict open carry. However, Miss. Code 97-37-1 & 45-9-101 operate together to ban carriage of a handgun "concealed in whole or in part" unless the carrier is inside a motor vehicle or possesses a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol or Revolver. As the Mississippi courts have said that a handgun in a holster is concealed in part, a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol or Revolver is required to openly carry a handgun in a holster in Mississippi.

In most states, if the average person can tell that the exposed part of a firearm IS a firearm, it is considered openly carried.

According to what statute? The only state for which that is true, that I am aware of, is Mississippi:

Link Removed
Quote:
Summary
Mississippi is an open carry state and the state constitution appears to guarantee this right. Further, localities are generally preempted under state law from enacting local gun control ordnances that might restrict open carry. However, Miss. Code 97-37-1 & 45-9-101 operate together to ban carriage of a handgun "concealed in whole or in part" unless the carrier is inside a motor vehicle or possesses a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol or Revolver. As the Mississippi courts have said that a handgun in a holster is concealed in part, a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol or Revolver is required to openly carry a handgun in a holster in Mississippi.

In most states, if the average person can tell that the exposed part of a firearm IS a firearm, it is considered openly carried.

Now that is a weird law.

Missouri and Oklahoma are the only two that I am aware of. I guess I should have said COULD be instead of WOULD be.

My bad.:hang3:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Someone should walk down the street with a handgun in their hand, pointed at the ground. Then when questioned, "Well, you guys won't allow me to put it in a holster because you butcher the english language, so this is how I have to OC it."

Of course then they would just butcher "brandishing" and arrest you.

Do the taxpayers in that state need to require a dictionary be in front of their judges and legislators?

Someone should walk down the street with a handgun in their hand, pointed at the ground. Then when questioned, "Well, you guys won't allow me to put it in a holster because you butcher the english language, so this is how I have to OC it."

This guy in Tennessee did and walked away :biggrin:
Start at about 03:50

@ GoldenEagle
that's hilarious, this guy really knows his rights. I'm glad that his actions are in response to such an asinine law. I can't believe there is a law on the books that you can't carry a gun in a holster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back