I turned in my badge today...

Wild Dog

Banned
...Or rather, I ripped the patch off my uniform and slammed it on my supervisor's desk. Because honor and integrity demanded I walk away.

Sorry I've been away for a bit, my friends, but for the past couple of weeks I've been busy infiltrating and taking down a drug gang moving their product through the mall. But that's neither here nor there.

So what motivated me to hang up my uniform and become a private contractor? Well, the moment occurred when I looked down the barrel of my gun at my wounded, and unarmed opponent. So many innocent lives ruined and snuffed out by his machinations that every fiber of my being screamed to pull the trigger and send him to the Hell he deserved. And in that moment I realized I was no better than he, and a wave of nausea washed over me nearly overwhelming me with it's intensity. No, I truly was no better and decisions of right and wrong were too high above my pay grade for me to entertain....

But that's simply the beginning of the tale. Shall I tell you how it began?

...Or rather, I ripped the patch off my uniform and slammed it on my supervisor's desk. Because honor and integrity demanded I walk away.

Sorry I've been away for a bit, my friends, but for the past couple of weeks I've been busy infiltrating and taking down a drug gang moving their product through the mall. But that's neither here nor there.

So what motivated me to hang up my uniform and become a private contractor? Well, the moment occurred when I looked down the barrel of my gun at my wounded, and unarmed opponent. So many innocent lives ruined and snuffed out by his machinations that every fiber of my being screamed to pull the trigger and send him to the Hell he deserved. And in that moment I realized I was no better than he, and a wave of nausea washed over me nearly overwhelming me with it's intensity. No, I truly was no better and decisions of right and wrong were too high above my pay grade for me to entertain....

But that's simply the beginning of the tale. Shall I tell you how it began?

Link Removed

Keep the stories coming Wild Dog. May I ask if any of your work has been published?

Howdy Wild Dog,

If you call it quits who is going to protect all the sheeple?

Just curious.

Paul

archer-008.jpg

Part 1: The Attack

The day began like most others. I awoke, startled, as I fought my way to the waking world from the torments of my violence-fueled nightmares. Danger was apart of my life, because of my warrior profession, and the depravity I was forced to witness day after day had seeped into my psyche.

Arising, I continued my morning routine of intense calisthenics: 50 one-armed pushups followed by 100 pistol squats and 50 pullups, all without rest. After the exercise I washed the sweat from my toned body in a hot shower. Once properly cleaned, I put on my uniform with the pride only a true warrior can possess. Inspecting myself in the mirror, satisfied that my squared away appearance would put a navy seal to shame, I put on my game face and headed to work.

As I drove, my sixth sense tingled, causing the hairs to raise on the back of my neck. Danger was afoot but I knew not where. With a few deep breaths, I was able to clear my head and focus. But, I still had no idea where attack would coming. It made no difference, I thought to myself, this wild dog is ready to rock n' roll.
I pulled into the mall parking lot where I was greeted by my partner, Charlie. Charlie was on perimeter rounds and I decided to spend a few moments in idle conversation before I entered, as we called it, the Gladitorial Arena.

"You're about to be on your own," said Charlie "My papers came in, today's my last day. This time next week the missus and I will be cashing my pension checks in the Bahamas."
"Congratulations," I said "You'll be missed, no one every had my back like you."

Charlie only laughed in response, too busy, no doubt, thinking about all the lost time he would be able to make up for, now that would be retired. He continued his rounds on foot until I noticed the prongs of a claymore mine sticking up from beneath the tarred parking lot. Before I could scream a warning, Charlie made his final step.

The explosion was deafening. Disoriented by the concussive force, I was knocked backwards into a nearby prius. Bits of Charlie had splattered all over the place. Before I even had a chance to access the situation, the trash dumpster popped open and out came a man in camoflauge wielding an RPG.

He blew up a nearby ice cream truck. The good humor man could only scream in horror as his existence, and ice cream, were snuffed out by fire and explosion. As the man with the RPG continued his assault, ropes fell from the roof of the mall and commandos rappelled down, firing automatic weapons into the crowd as they descended.

My warrior instincts kicked in. With a surge of adrenaline, I dodged their fire and advanced on the commandos as they reached the ground. I grabbed the nearest one and manipulated his neck like a pretzel. I was rewarded with a satisfying snap. Picking up his downed AK-47, I began mowing down his accomplices with reckless abandon. Much innocent blood had been spilled on their account, and I would return it in kind.

As I took out the last, I turned my attention to the man with the RPG. Before I splattered his final thoughts across the pavement, he screamed into his radio "Air support, air support!"
Before I could retrieve his fallen weapon, I heard the unmistakable whirling blades of an Apache copter enter the mall's airspace.

The merciless, steel beast fired heavey automatic gunfire and missles into the parking lot taking out cars, property, and bystanders. Shrapnel filled the air, only dumb luck had kept me from being perforated this long. Taking a deep breath, I aimed the RPG. It did not matter if I had mere seconds to live. All that mattered was that I take down the Apache before more innocents died.

As I prepared to depress the trigger, a ricochet struck the concrete near my feet, dislodging a chunk and striking me in the head.

The last thing I thought, before unconsciousness claimed me, was that I should have worn my sleeve gun that day.

The day began like most others. I awoke, startled, as I fought my way to the waking world from the torments of my violence-fueled nightmares. Danger was apart of my life, because of my warrior profession, and the depravity I was forced to witness day after day had seeped into my psyche.

Arising, I continued my morning routine of intense calisthenics: 50 one-armed pushups followed by 100 pistol squats and 50 pullups, all without rest. After the exercise I washed the sweat from my toned body in a hot shower. Once properly cleaned, I put on my uniform with the pride only a true warrior can possess. Inspecting myself in the mirror, satisfied that my squared away appearance would put a navy seal to shame, I put on my game face and headed to work.

As I drove, my sixth sense tingled, causing the hairs to raise on the back of my neck. Danger was afoot but I knew not where. With a few deep breaths, I was able to clear my head and focus. But, I still had no idea where attack would coming. It made no difference, I thought to myself, this wild dog is ready to rock n' roll.
I pulled into the mall parking lot where I was greeted by my partner, Charlie. Charlie was on perimeter rounds and I decided to spend a few moments in idle conversation before I entered, as we called it, the Gladitorial Arena.

"You're about to be on your own," said Charlie "My papers came in, today's my last day. This time next week the missus and I will be cashing my pension checks in the Bahamas."
"Congratulations," I said "You'll be missed, no one every had my back like you."

Charlie only laughed in response, too busy, no doubt, thinking about all the lost time he would be able to make up for, now that would be retired. He continued his rounds on foot until I noticed the prongs of a claymore mine sticking up from beneath the tarred parking lot. Before I could scream a warning, Charlie made his final step.

The explosion was deafening. Disoriented by the concussive force, I was knocked backwards into a nearby prius. Bits of Charlie had splattered all over the place. Before I even had a chance to access the situation, the trash dumpster popped open and out came a man in camoflauge wielding an RPG.

He blew up a nearby ice cream truck. The good humor man could only scream in horror as his existence, and ice cream, were snuffed out by fire and explosion. As the man with the RPG continued his assault, ropes fell from the roof of the mall and commandos rappelled down, firing automatic weapons into the crowd as they descended.

My warrior instincts kicked in. With a surge of adrenaline, I dodged their fire and advanced on the commandos as they reached the ground. I grabbed the nearest one and manipulated his neck like a pretzel. I was rewarded with a satisfying snap. Picking up his downed AK-47, I began mowing down his accomplices with reckless abandon. Much innocent blood had been spilled on their account, and I would return it in kind.

As I took out the last, I turned my attention to the man with the RPG. Before I splattered his final thoughts across the pavement, he screamed into his radio "Air support, air support!"
Before I could retrieve his fallen weapon, I heard the unmistakable whirling blades of an Apache copter enter the mall's airspace.

The merciless, steel beast fired heavey automatic gunfire and missles into the parking lot taking out cars, property, and bystanders. Shrapnel filled the air, only dumb luck had kept me from being perforated this long. Taking a deep breath, I aimed the RPG. It did not matter if I had mere seconds to live. All that mattered was that I take down the Apache before more innocents died.

As I prepared to depress the trigger, a ricochet struck the concrete near my feet, dislodging a chunk and striking me in the head.

The last thing I thought, before unconsciousness claimed me, was that I should have worn my sleeve gun that day.

Link Removed

I watch Criminal Minds with the family - or some other trashy cops and bad guys show - and I wonder who in their sick mind comes up with these scenarios? Now I have a clue.

Hey Dog, What adventure is next for you? You don't happen to go by the alias NinjaClyde sometimes do you? Lots of good sleeve weapons info on his YouTube channel.

I'm sorry I haven't been on in awhile, my friends and colleagues, but I've been taking many oddjobs in order to make ends meet: A bodyguard job here, a hostage crisis there, and, occasionally, underground martial arts tournaments all just to pay the rent. But I haven't forgotten my promise to tell you all why I turned my badge in. Just bear with me, this story is very traumatic for me to tell so it's slow going.

Part 2: Enter Colonel Stroganoff

I awoke with a start, the crack of a rifle shot jarring my mind back to consciousness. As I took stock of my situation I could see enemy combatants walking amongst the carnage, shooting anyone still clinging to life.

I crawled under a nearby Ford Fiesta and waited for my chance. A sentry soon walked past my position.
"Tell Colonel Stroganoff the perimeter is secure," he spoke in a heavily Russian-accented voice into his radio.
Wasting no time, I executed a well skilled leg sweep knocking my opponent to the ground. I quickly sprang on top of him with pretenatual reflexes honed by years of combat, and drove his nose into his brain with the heel of my palm.

I quickly took my downed foe's weaponry, MP5 and Beretta 92F, and slipped on his fatigues and balaclava (not to be confused with baklava, which keyboard commandos are wont to do). I also took his radio. Perhaps I could use it to harass and taunt my enemies.
Once disguised, I took position with patrolling the mall parking lot, with no one the wiser, and waited for this Colonel Stroganoff. I did not wait long, say what you will of the Russians, but they are effecient and punctual.

A heavily armored humvee pulled up, and the armed tangos quickly took position around it. The passenger side door sprang open, and out stood Colonel Stroganoff, who bore an uncanny resemblance to actor Peter Stomare. I checked my weapon, making sure it was hot and ready for action. All I needed was to what for him to step into range and I could end this occupation with one well placed shot.

I exhaled, placing my finger inside the trigger guard. In one second this would be over, and I would be able to celebrate with an orange julius. Just thinking of the cool, sweet beverage had distracted me and caused my mouth to water. Unfortunately, by the time I regained my senses, the good colonel had already made it safely inside the mall.

No matter, I thought to myself, I prefer to handle things the hard way.
I quickly took chase and entered the mall in search of my prey. I thought it would soon be over but, as I was about to find out, it was only beginning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back