I need some good leather ;-)

s0nspark

Talk is Cheap!!
I have finally realized, after a few years of carrying kydex holsters IWB in various positions, that leather may be a better choice for me after all. I'd prefer not to fill up another box with holsters in the search, though. My carry guns are a Glock 29 and a Glock 20... and I expect to be carrying in the 4 o'clock position but would prefer appendix.

Any recommendations?

I am fine with getting an IWB holster for the G29 and an OWB for the G20 if it comes to that but I'm not sure how well I could conceal with the OWB holster...

Oh, and I should mention that I have ruled out hybrids like the Supertuck. Tried one and it was just wasn't for me...

Thanks!

Try allen gun gloves. They have excellent leather and the clip is offset to 1 side. Super comfortable

Soteria holsters,UTB HOLSTERS, and milt sparks- but Milt his has a long wait. UTB HOLSTERS are great,just ordered a Soteria for my xds. good luck

http://ubgholsters.com

I had ugly bald guy holsters make me a holster a few years ago and I just love it. His work is custom and you can choose from leather types and exotic trims.

I have used both holsters with a single and double clip, in my opinion a leather holster with a wide double clip stays in place better and its more comfortable than a single clip. I found that my gun would pivot on the single clip and I frequently had to adjust my gun. I carry a HK USP compact so it may be more likely to move than a small light pistol.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I have finally realized, after a few years of carrying kydex holsters IWB in various positions, that leather may be a better choice for me after all. I'd prefer not to fill up another box with holsters in the search, though. My carry guns are a Glock 29 and a Glock 20... and I expect to be carrying in the 4 o'clock position but would prefer appendix.
Any recommendations?
I am fine with getting an IWB holster for the G29 and an OWB for the G20 if it comes to that but I'm not sure how well I could conceal with the OWB holster...
Oh, and I should mention that I have ruled out hybrids like the Supertuck. Tried one and it was just wasn't for me...
Thanks!

I'm 5' 10" and skinny. I made 8 of my own holsters, and two for friends. And I am not a leather man.
One is an IWB for a .32. All the rest are OWB, three to wear at 5:00 (gave them all away), and all the rest are made for 3:00 or appendix carry. I made one holster for my Bersa .380, two for my Bersa 9mm UC (one is roughout), and this week, I finished the second holster for my Taurus Judge. Every one of them (except a western holster with LC45 cartridge belt) conceal easily with different vests. My Judge conceals with a vest that goes about 3 inches below my waistline.
I used oil-tanned leather for the Judge holster, and it was too soft and pliable, even after it was boned and dried. So I used what I call a Lacquer wash that I use on a lot of turned wood pieces (I'm a wood-turner), and it is now stiffened better than vegetable tanned leather. I put four belt loops on the Judge holster (two high/two low), because I wasn't sure how high exactly that I could comfortably draw it. It turns out that I use the higher loops that let it ride a little lower, so I plan on cutting it down to a more comfortable size.
I enclose the barrel end on every gun, because I don't want anything to accidentally "crawl" in there.

I want to re-iterate here, that I had never made anything out of leather when I started with that little IWB holster. I've now made OWB holsters for my Daughter-in-law's little .32, and one friend's 1911, and will soon be making one for another friend's full size 9mm. I'll post a pic or two if anyone is interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back