I know the NRA

larrys0227

But i know almost nothing about the Gun Owners of America and the National Association for Gun Rights. Are these organizations what they claim to be?

I don't know how effective these organizations are. But I decided long ago that the NRA does a good job (of course I don't agree with everything they do, but who does agree with anyone 100%?). They (NRA) do such a good job that I do not dilute my contributions to them be also donating to these unknown entities.

And another group is

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Thanks John. I think I'm leaning in the same direction you do.

Nra

I'm glad there are many specific gun organizations other than the NRA. But when I think about my limited funds, I put all my eggs in one basket and vote for the NRA. They are national, they are grassroots, and whenever any gun issue arises anywhere in the U.S. you know about it immediately. And the NRA tells you who to contact and even gives us sample letters to use in our reply. My license plate tells everybody where I stand...
----- NRA U2-----

NRA Benefactor Life Member:pleasantry:

The NRA certainly has done a lot of good work, no doubt. Some hardliners criticize them for making compromises or going along with some things. I consider it a side effect of being such a large organization ... I do have mixed feelings about it myself.

Well, I don't intend on letting my membership to the NRA expire. I am sure that there are some other organizations out there that do a good job too, but I don't spend much time researching that. I'll just stick with the NRA for now myself.

No matter what group you decide to join, GET INVOLVED, I've been a member of the NRA for several years and although I don't agree all the time . I believe they make the most noise..

I was a member of NRA/ILA. My dues were paid up to 2014. Several years ago I ran into trouble getting my ccw. I contacted them expecting to get some help. They acted as if I didn't exist! I can speak from experience, the NRA does not care about it's individual members. Give them your money if you like, but they will not be getting any more of mine!

Goofy! The courts are where unjust laws get overturned! The state of NC violated my constitutional rights. Being a member of the NRA/ILA I fully expected them to help me. When they turned their backs on me they lost my respect and support.

Meanwhile, the CCRKBA and the SAF are actively working for gun owner's rights, and the SAF is currently involved in the courts around the country fighting against unjust laws, such as in NJ and downstate NY.

Here's where you can find out what the SAF is doing: Second Amendment Foundation Online

Can anyone show a similar listing of the current legal efforts from the NRA? I personally would like to see what they have been doing lately...

(With all that said, I'm a current member of the NRA, the SAF and the CCRKBA - although it's "year by year".)

I don't know the details of your problem but if the problem was something systemic where the out come would have an impact on many others I think they would become involved.

The director of the mental health dept. refused to sign off on the permit, because I told them I drank beer every day after work and had smoked pot in the past. He said I had to pass a substance abuse evaluation at my expense.

The first problem; When I first meet them I was assured that my privacy was strictly guarded! What a Lie! The reality was; They should have read me my MIRANDA RIGHTS.

2nd; On that one doctors word, I was denied my 2nd Amendment right with out any charges or a trial. That violates the 5th and 14th amendments concerning due process.

3rd; Mental health background checks discriminate against people who have talked to a therapist. While everyone else like the Virgina Tech and Arizona shooters gets a free pass.

4th; The proper way to revoke a persons 2nd amendment right is through the courts. Doctors should not have that type of power!

5th; I was not allowed to represent myself. If I wanted to fight it I would have to hire a lawyer. I was priced out of the justice system. In my search for legal help one lawyer tole me "You are up against a corrupt good old boy net work. You don't stand a chance." I believed in our constitution, but after several years of trying to fight for my rights I learned that he was right.

Well there ya go you talked when you should have been silent... and sometimes choices we make in our youth bite us in the behind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back