I have joined the Dark Side...

Bodhisatva

After years of hating Glocks, I have slipped and accidentally found one in my collection today (after checking 3 different gun stores until I found the one I wanted).
I had the opportunity to shoot one at the range a few months ago and have been craving one ever since.
I brought it home, cleaned it up and I will be taking it to the range with a couple hundred rounds of 230 gr so we can get better acquainted.
Former Glock hater; New Glock owner, reporting for duty.
I know, pictures or it didn't happen....
Everybody, meet my Gen 4 G21....

y2u9apeq.jpg

Link Removed

Former Springfield XD(M) and XD-S lover, now don't own anything but Glocks for myself, a Ruger LC9 for the wifey, and a Ruger SR22 for plinking and teaching the kiddies. Complete convert after spending a lot of time not wanting to try them due to the hype and actively avoiding getting to know them. Congrats!

Congrats, now you need those Glockazine Glock Clipazines:

They seem to multiply over time. I have only 2 Glock handguns (19 and 26), but 16 Glock handgun magazines.

If you want to know where the Glock-brand Glock and Glockazine terminology comes from, check out MattV2099's Hickok45 Parody.

Bwahahaha, resistance is futile. Glock 19, 23, 2X 26 (self and wife).

On a more realistic note I know that it's different strokes for different folk and you should find what "fits you". The first time I picked up a glock (pre generational 23) I could shoot it better, by far, than any other hand gun I had ever held (apologies to H & R and Walther). for me they just work. We each need to find what works for ourselves. Glocks are also appealing to me because I'm not the guy who fixes his own lawnmower etc. For me the most feared words in the English language are not "stick'em up", it's "some assembly required", Glocks are amazingly simple to maintain.

Those are the 2 reasons I'm a confirmed glockaholic. Oh, and I kinda like that they are a bit ugly. I mean, think about it. They are not in the game to win any beauty contests. I've seen a tagline (can't remember whose) that says "Kimbers are what you show your friends, glocks are what you show to your enemies".

Range update.
Took the new pistol to the range today.
I am really impressed by the accuracy of this gun right out of the box.
I have only shot a Glock once before today.
The sight picture is so intuitive. Wherever I put the front sight is where the bullet landed.
I did some measured shooting and some rapid fire. The measured fire was really good (for me) and the rapid fire was more than manageable.
Here is the first mag, shot from 21 feet measured fire.

Link Removed

Again from around 7 yards, shooting a bit faster.

Link Removed

Damn, I like this gun.
Not a Glock-boi yet, but the Koolaid is in the glass.
I think I found a new nightstand gun.

After years of hating Glocks, I have slipped and accidentally found one in my collection today (after checking 3 different gun stores until I found the one I wanted).
I had the opportunity to shoot one at the range a few months ago and have been craving one ever since.
I brought it home, cleaned it up and I will be taking it to the range with a couple hundred rounds of 230 gr so we can get better acquainted.
Former Glock hater; New Glock owner, reporting for duty.
I know, pictures or it didn't happen....
Everybody, meet my Gen 4 G21....

y2u9apeq.jpg

Link Removed

SMH... You will never be forgiven for this! How dare Ye!?

Sweet purchase! The only Glock I would ever consider purchasing is the 9mm, model 34. Buuut, that is unlikely.

Congrats! I have a 30S, 19, I sold a XDs .45 to buy the 27 and I'm thinking about selling my XDm .45 4.5 to buy a g29 so yeah I love glock they fit my hand, they work for me but not for everybody and I'm okay with that.

Congrats! I have a 30S, 19, I sold a XDs .45 to buy the 27 and I'm thinking about selling my XDm .45 4.5 to buy a g29 so yeah I love glock they fit my hand, they work for me but not for everybody and I'm okay with that.

Got rid of my Springfields (XD-S and XDm models in 45 and 9) in favor of the Glocks that I have now. Couldn't be happier.

Here are my two puppies Glock 23 Gen 4 and Glock 27 Gen 3 in .40 caliber love my Glocks. My EDC Glock 27 and Ruger LCP

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

Great balls of fire! I'm loving this pistol more and more each time I pull the trigger! Another quick trip to the range this morning. I had the place to myself and decided to try some point shooting drills. Whether standing, moving sideways, towards or away from the targets, I was putting hits in the kill zone one after another. I found that this pistol points more naturally and is more controllable than I ever expected. I am amazed at how good this gun makes me look. I was hitting so consistently and effortlessly that I felt like I was in a dang movie. And no one was there to see how cool I was. Oh, well... Digging the Glock!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

My son carries a glock 19 and I have had the chance to shoot it, they are fine fire arms but I still like my 1911 better. If you like a glock more power to you, I'll keep my single action, manual safty, single stack,night sight,crimnson trace,45acp 1911 thank you very much.

I've always been fond of the .45 auto. I have a Ruger 1911 Commander & a Glock 21 Gen 4. Both are excellent firearms.

Ringo, you made a fine choice in the ruger 1911 and in the glock 21, it's nice to have both. i'm jealous, but I need an ar before I can get any more hand guns. I'll stick with my 1911 for now.

Welcome to the dark....Errr....Glock family. Good selection on guns, the glock is my night stand gun, as another has said, and also travels with me.

Lock 'n Load, Tapatalk!!

My son carries a glock 19 and I have had the chance to shoot it, they are fine fire arms but I still like my 1911 better. If you like a glock more power to you, I'll keep my single action, manual safty, single stack,night sight,crimnson trace,45acp 1911 thank you very much.

About the same here, that's why we Have 5 Glocks and 4 1911s, and between them all I seem to do the best with my compact Kimber,

Man, these glocks just keep on adding, I pick up a gen4 g29 this week I went to the range today and I got to say I shoot glocks pretty good, it will be in my rotations. I post some pics later I love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back