I had to stand in the ready mode today.

mojoman

It was a false alert but I had to be very watchful, I was taken my mother home at a security living housing today after church, we went in the back of the apartment like always. I help her out of the truck since she is a 85 years old lady. I made sure she was in because the area is a little bad where she is living. So I went back to my truck and after I got in I was texting my cousin so I was just sitting there and I saw out of the corner of my eye a guy that was riding by on a bicycle but he had a rag over his face like he was going to rob somebody. I watch him very close to see where he was going so he turn around like he was coming toward me with the rag over his face at that time I draw my Shield 9mm from my waist and put it on the console.

So if he was going to come at me to try to open my door etc I was going to be ready to draw on him first. He was coming back but he didn't come over toward me, he was just coming back to meet his lady friend. Once they got together they went toward Safeway store so I was okay but he still had the blue rag over he face like what robber put on when they go to rob a store but as long he didn't do nothing I was cool.

So I left and everything was cool but I didn't stay around to see where him and his girl friend went. Stay safe and be ready.

Howdy mojoman,

Better safe than sorry!

You can NEVER be too careful especially in a bad neighborhood. Or in a good neighborhood.

Glad everything turned out ok and sounds like you were paying attention to what was going on around you and the bicycle guy could easily have been a BG and that's why We carry.

Paul

I didn't have any place to go because it was in a ally and both side where block so I could only watch him at the time I couldn't drive off to leave if I could I would have and yes since I retired the 1st of June I stay arm.

It was a false alert but I had to be very watchful, I was taken my mother home at a security living housing today after church, we went in the back of the apartment like always. I help her out of the truck since she is a 85 years old lady. I made sure she was in because the area is a little bad where she is living. So I went back to my truck and after I got in I was texting my cousin so I was just sitting there and I saw out of the corner of my eye a guy that was riding by on a bicycle but he had a rag over his face like he was going to rob somebody. I watch him very close to see where he was going so he turn around like he was coming toward me with the rag over his face at that time I draw my Shield 9mm from my waist and put it on the console.

So if he was going to come at me to try to open my door etc I was going to be ready to draw on him first. He was coming back but he didn't come over toward me, he was just coming back to meet his lady friend. Once they got together they went toward Safeway store so I was okay but he still had the blue rag over he face like what robber put on when they go to rob a store but as long he didn't do nothing I was cool.

So I left and everything was cool but I didn't stay around to see where him and his girl friend went. Stay safe and be ready.

Was it windy? Maybe he was shielding his face from dust and stuff? Or maybe he didn't want the girl to see he was the brother of the boyfriend. :p Glad everything was okay. Good or bad area, it's always a good idea to be situationally aware.

No it wasn't windy at all but I just wanted to be in the ready mode because the area is bad the two gangs use to run up there a lot, the bloods etc: so life is good and nothing happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back