I Fired Off This Letter To The Editor Tonight.....

UKCatFan012

I fired off this Letter To The Editor tonight to the biggest state-wide newspaper in KY, but I won't hold my breath expecting it to be published. I may keep sending it everyday until it gets published so they think they are shutting me up though! I encourage all of you to do the same thing!

When is the news media going to stop misinforming and lying to the American public by continually referring to the AR-15 rifle used in the Connecticut school schooting as an "assault rifle", which it is not? Wilikipedia defines an assault rifle as one that has a select-fire lever giving it either fully automatic, or burst (semi-automatic) capability that uses an intermediate (mid-range powered) cartridge and a detachable magazine. An "assault rifle", like the US Military M16, has a selector switch that lets the weapon fire either semi-automatic, meaning each time the trigger is pulled, or fully automatic, meaning that it will continually fire as long as the trigger is depressed. The AR-15 Civilian Sporting/Hunting Rifle DOES NOT HAVE THE CAPACITY TO SHOOT AS A FULLY AUTOMATIC FIREARM, AND THUS CANNOT BE CLASSIFIED AS AN ASSAULT RIFLE!! The AR-15 CANNOT FIRE HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION PER SECOND OR MINUTE AS THE NEWS MEDIA HAS CONTINUALLY, MISTAKENLY CONTENDED! Just because the AR-15 LOOKS LIKE A M16 ASSAULT RIFLE DOES NOT MAKE THE AR-15 AN ASSAULT RIFLE LIKE THE M16!
THE NEWS MEDIA NEEDS TO GET THEIR FACTS STRAIGHT before you loose your credability with the American public! You also need to stop some of your staff who are contuining to misinform and lie to the American public about the AR-15, and who continue to demonstrate their ignorance of and any knowldge about firearms whatsoever!
I am heart-broken and sickened by what happened in the Connecticut school shootings, and the other mass shootings in the US the past weeks/months/year, but don't blame the firearm used, blame the deranged individual who used it.
Honestly, from what I have seen lately, the American news media is no longer interested in being neutral and non-committal in reporting the news truthfully, but would rather spread LIBERAL MISINFORMATION AND PROPAGANDA to try and formulate PUBLIC OPINION to favor their LIBERAL POLICIES AND BELIEFS!

I know your pain. I feel the same way every time the news media refers to "God" as if there is only one, and as if there is any to begin with.

I know your pain. I feel the same way every time the news media refers to "God" as if there is only one, and as if there is any to begin with.
If there is no God, then you cannot have a God-given right to self defense, and the second amendment cannot guarantee what you cannot have. Turn in your guns. :eek:)

If there is no God, then you cannot have a God-given right to self defense, and the second amendment cannot guarantee what you cannot have. Turn in your guns. :eek:)

I don't need an imaginary supernatural being to "give" me the right to self defense.

Neither do I need an imaginary supernatural being to direct me not to murder a fellow human and not to eat milk and meat a t the same meal.

Ah... Burst fire is not semi auto. With one pull of the trigger, the weapon fires a "burst" of three rounds. A civilian ar15 is not capable of burst fire.
One round for one pull, period. You might want to fix that part before you re-send it to the papers.

Good content. But you might want to check the spelling (Wilikipedia ?) and drop the SHOUTING.

I feel the pain. The news media has cart blanc to distort because the average nitwit reading or watching have no clue to start with and we know darned well the average John Q doesn't research what they see. After all if it comes from the TV it has to be true. Right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back