I cannot believe it. Merry Christmas to Illinois

robstid

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/news-from-nra-ila/2012/12/victory-for-self-defense-and-the-second-amendment.aspx

We can only hope and pray that this will hold up. Democrats have a super majority in both houses and there are some Democrats who have been talking about getting a law passed for conceal carry. The Governor has promised to veto it but with a super majority they could over ride his veto. I try to keep up on this because I go there to visit family in my home town. If anyone has friends and family there contact them get them to put pressure on Springfield.

I just saw this too. You can bet, however, that Chicago will fight this all the way to the Supreme Court if need be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I just saw this too. You can bet, however, that Chicago will fight this all the way to the Supreme Court if need be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yep! You can count on the "Godfather" fighting it. It will be up to the Attorney General to take it there but Chicago pulls the strings on almost EVERYONE in Springfield.

Unless things change, through some sort of legal appeal, delay, or Mayan calendar anomaly, Illinois has 180 days (mid-June 2013!) to pass a concealed carry law:
"Nevertheless we order our mandate stayed for 180 days to allow the Illinois legislature to craft a new gun law that will impose reasonable limitations, consistent with the public safety and the Second Amendment as interpreted in this opinion, on the carrying of guns in public." (From the ruling Link Removed)

I'm betting the rest (sensible) part of Ill is ready to fight Chicago all the way.

I was born and raised in Southern Ill and I can promise that they will. You have no idea how much most of the state hates Chicago. Chicago takes almost everything from the rest of the state. The only thing that could be good from the murder rate in Chicago is this has caused more people to want the right to carry. I have friends there who have told me this.

House Majority Leader Barbara Flynn Currie, a longtime gun control advocate, said she hoped the state would appeal the ruling. But Currie also said lawmakers must “get cracking” on how to respond to the ruling and begin parsing its key points.

Currie, D-Chicago, said that “justices surely do not mean that we would have to have wide-open” laws in Illinois. She said Illinois must now look at what other states are doing, such as disallowing guns in day-care centers and other locations.

“If we need to change the law, let us at least craft a law that is very severely constrained and narrowly tailored so that we don’t invite guns out of control on each of our city’s streets,” Currie said. “I don’t want people out of control wandering the streets with guns that are out of control.”

Just wait till the corrupt elected start writing the law.
Illinos state Senator was busted at O'Hare last week carrying a pistol.
This same Senator voted against the concealed carry permit in the last session.
Let me see if I have this straight; the Senator votes against you carring a gun, but it is ok for him to carry one.
Remember this is one of the guys who will write the law.
You better start writing your elected every day, remember numbers count. And get the state gun assoication to get former NRA president Marion Hammer to help write the law and lobby, she did a great jpb in Florida

Decision stayed for 180 days to pass "reasonable" gun laws...well based on what IL politicians consider reasonable and balanced (like the FOID Act which is unconstitutional due to the $10 "processing fee") I smell another lawsuit. This one challenging whatever they pass in Springfield...if the pass anything. AG Madigan won't waste her time petitioning SCOTUS, that's a lost cause.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Decision stayed for 180 days to pass "reasonable" gun laws
followed by
“If we need to change the law, let us at least craft a law that is very severely constrained and narrowly tailored so that we don’t invite guns out of control on each of our city’s streets,” Currie said. “I don’t want people out of control wandering the streets with guns that are out of control.”
Hmmm a gun that is out of control. Is she talking about a run away, or unintended double tap?
Remember the key word is reasonable.

If you were a fly on the wall in Mayor of Chicago's office you might hear something like this.
Just appeal it and drag it out for a few more years, we are one Supreme Court appointment away from totally destroying the Second Amendment, I'll bet another finger on it.

The NRA seems confident that a Illinois will become shall-issue. The Dem who introduced HB148 made a statement to the effect that "I told you this would happen" followed by "you (Democrsts) had a chance to craft a bill that you like, now it's gone." HB148 almost passed, now their hand is forced or if they don't pass a new law, Constitutional carry will be the default and God knows what the Seventh will do to daddy and daughter Madigan. Hold them both in contempt probably.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

House Majority Leader Barbara Flynn Currie, a longtime gun control advocate, said she hoped the state would appeal the ruling. But Currie also said lawmakers must “get cracking” on how to respond to the ruling and begin parsing its key points.

Currie, D-Chicago, said that “justices surely do not mean that we would have to have wide-open” laws in Illinois. She said Illinois must now look at what other states are doing, such as disallowing guns in day-care centers and other locations.

She's right. With this new law I bet Chicago will become one of the top three gun homicide cities in the country.
Blood will run in the streets and it isn't even a right to work issue.
She is right on about day care also. I know a guy 6' 200lbs went into one with a folding knife in his pocket, 3" blade, and damn, two 4 yr olds wrestled him to the ground stealing his knife and ended up stabbing the teacher and everyone else.
Of course if someone had intentions to kill kids the new shiny "no guns allowed" sign would certainly stop him. Some laws are just unbreakable!:to_pick_ones_nose3::wacko:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back