I Bought a What??

ares338

ares338
I have been searching and have had my LGS searching for a 40 cal Shield for a long time :fie: and I need a CCW for pocket carry now. My LGS called and told me he had a few pistols to show me and I thought (oh boy...a Shield). WRONG...LOL.

What he did have was 3 new Sigs. An M1911 TacPac, an SP 2022 and a Sig P290. I though...oh great...these are way too pricey for me. Now I have been looking for a pocket carry pistol and the P290 fits that bill perfectly. 5.5"x4.3"x1" and it weighs 20.5 oz. with the mag and it came with a holster, night sights and a laser out the door for $700.00. Probably a little pricey but I really sidn't care and I wanted it now. It also came with 2 mags. The short one and the extended one that hold 8+1.

The only maybe negative is field stripping. It's a little tricky until you get the hang of it and whoever writes those manuals needs to go back to school. It's like they get a person with an IQ of 60 to write them....oh well I cleaned it last night and I am going to the range today to check it out!

Sweet. What caliber is the P290, I assume it is the 9mm? Let us know how it shoots. Congratulations.

Congrats on the Sig. I have several Sigs and love them. I agree with you though on the owners manual, but most of them are written to a high school grade level to ensure that those who have less than a great reading and comprehension level can read and understand it.

I fired my new P290 tonight and I love it. I fed it 40 rounds of WWB 115 grain FMJ, 25 rounds of Federal FMJ and 30 rounds of Pioneer Express124 grain JHP-XTP and not a single problem was had. I had been hearing the pistol ws really snappy but I found it to be easier on the hands than my LC9. The trigger pull is a true DAO and fairly long but without any stacking and very smooth. Again it was just a little easier than the LC9. It came with a short 6+ 1 and an 8 + 1 mag. The P290 can be easily pocket carried or IWB for perfect concealment. I have been waiting for this little jewel. It's a little pricey but what the heck...if I don't spend it now my son will just get it...LOL. Oh...it came with a holster and an integrated laser but the laser didn't work (I'm working on that).

I tried Glocks before I bought my first handgun. They weren't for me. A great gun but didn't sit well in my hand. I bought an M&P 9c for my first.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back