I am moving from nyc!!!!!

congrats... I'm sure it's gotta be better than NYC especially as far as your rights are concerned.

congrats... I'm sure it's gotta be better than NYC especially as far as your rights are concerned.

I AM LUVING IT!! Living in NYC, sometimes you feel like a 5th grader(don't do this & don't do that) I moved to Media, PA("Everybody's Hometown") and everyone is friendly and neighborly like. No honking car horns, no car alarms, no fire, police & ambulance sirens blaring down the streets at all hours in the night, no bars on the windows, no security gates or security guards, no "WTF are you lookin at" from my neighbors, and so on, and so on! When I pull into Wawa's, I leave my doors unlocked(try that in NYC) The local Hooters don't have burly bouncers guarding the door and NO MORE FRACKING PARKING TICKETS!!:biggrin: I no longer have bloomberg's thumb up my ASS!! Bought a truck and tomorrow I am changing my driver's license and registering with my local republican party.

Feels good to be an American!
Rick

I AM LUVING IT!! Living in NYC, sometimes you feel like a 5th grader(don't do this & don't do that) I moved to Media, PA("Everybody's Hometown") and everyone is friendly and neighborly like. No honking car horns, no car alarms, no fire, police & ambulance sirens blaring down the streets at all hours in the night, no bars on the windows, no security gates or security guards, no "WTF are you lookin at" from my neighbors, and so on, and so on! When I pull into Wawa's, I leave my doors unlocked(try that in NYC) The local Hooters don't have burly bouncers guarding the door and NO MORE FRACKING PARKING TICKETS!!:biggrin: I no longer have bloomberg's thumb up my ASS!! Bought a truck and tomorrow I am changing my driver's license and registering with my local republican party.

Feels good to be an American!
Rick
I don't remember how long you lived in NYC, but if it was for a while, it will take a while for you to "calm down" and stop looking over your shoulder and Not worry so much about where you park your car, and did I lock the door, and, and, and..
Glad you are out.. I was there for 12 years and have NO desire to return to live there..

You guys make living in the Northeast sound like it really sucks. Between all the stories I hear of New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, California, Maryland, and even Europe and Canada, I really feel like I would never be able to live anywhere except for the Southern and Midwestern United States.

You guys make living in the Northeast sound like it really sucks. Between all the stories I hear of New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, California, Maryland, and even Europe and Canada, I really feel like I would never be able to live anywhere except for the Southern and Midwestern United States.

I've lived in all four corners plus LA and AR. No place better than the South for me (Lowcountry in my case). You don't feel like a child with the government nun standing over you with a ruler.

Of course there are still blue laws and dry counties in some Southern states, but not where I live. :biggrin:

So far I noticed that areas like NYC, tend to be very very in government control and heavy handed enforcement of their rules & regs. It seems that they don't fully trust their citizens and therefore try to regulate every aspect of their lives. Plus, in those areas the city government will try and penalize the people for the slightest of their infractions and the police and parking enforcement actually have quotas to comply with. People in NYC actually place notes on their car windows saying "no radio in car" or they will leave their glove compartment open so the local "crack head" could see there is nothing of value in the car and spare them from a broken car window.:cray:

I see in other areas like Southern, Midwestern type areas, they allow you to live your life as you see fit. Do we tell the government what to do or is it the other way around??

Oh yeah, I am still locking my car door and activating the alarm for the simplest of Wawa runs, lol. You got me there HootmonSccy!

From what I've seen of New Hampshire and Vermont they are both very nice and are places I'd consider living. Getting me out of the South would be hard though.

I am seeing my apartment in Media, PA, first thing monday morning, I am so excited!! I'm staying in Chadds Ford, PA right now. People are super friendly and very nice here, it was kind of weird seeing strangers being nice and saying howdy. Today I took a look at a Bushmaster M4 and a Dodge Ram 1500 (Hemi Baby), wow? So this is what freedom feels like, without having that commie bloomberg telling you what to do.

I don't think that dip-stick Bloomberg has anything to do with politics. I feel as though he uses politics just to gain power, not uses his power to push his politics. He has changed parties three times, which shows he has no real belief system, just uses it to get more powerful. Congrats on your move. I have never been to NYC, and don't have any disire to go there.:biggrin:

I knew you would like Media and Delco!

Everyone one here in Delco, said to either choose from Media or West Chester. I like that Media has a trolley car right down on Main St. and all of the stores, bars and restaurants are "mom & pop" It's like walking back in time. I received my PA drivers license from PennDot and registered with the local Republican Party, Yeah!!!!!

I want every gun owning, freedom loving New Yorker, Chicago, California, & DC resident, to know that life is good outside those cities and if you can't vote those repressive a**holes out of office, then "vote with your feet". Trust me, you'll thank me later!

I don't think that dip-stick Bloomberg has anything to do with politics. I feel as though he uses politics just to gain power, not uses his power to push his politics. He has changed parties three times, which shows he has no real belief system, just uses it to get more powerful. Congrats on your move. I have never been to NYC, and don't have any disire to go there.:biggrin:

Thanks, oh by the way, I have no desire to go to Philly either!:biggrin:

Thanks, oh by the way, I have no desire to go to Philly either!:biggrin:

You should visit, though. Lot's of great places, south street is cool, great history of this great country. I have heard Philly cops are not pro 2nd amendment though. Kind of like Vegas cops are not 2nd amendment friendly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back