HR 38 update

SR9

Rep. Bob Goodlatte , Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, signed on to HR 38 as the 209th co-sponsor.

This act will never take effect. Even if passed and signed by President Trump, some states will refuse to follow it while they introduce legal challenges. It will be tied up in the courts for years, until eventually democrats will have enough of congress to repeal it.

This act will never take effect. Even if passed and signed by President Trump, some states will refuse to follow it while they introduce legal challenges. It will be tied up in the courts for years, until eventually democrats will have enough of congress to repeal it.

Correction, Democrats will amend it, adding restrictive licensing requirements for reciprocity!

Correction, Democrats will amend it, adding restrictive licensing requirements for reciprocity!
As stated by many here. This is the biggest made up "fight for 2A" rights ever. This is a Trojan horse to exert Federal control of this important states rights 2A issue.

States will get lazy and not pursue actual reciprocity, the Feds AND the states will cash in and charge handsomely for the "privilege" of reciprocity, and a future (present😉) anti gun administration and Congress will pull the rug on reciprocity and kill interstate transport of firearms. This bill is a joke.

The Place To Be

Somebody please tell me how far off we are from this passing , newbie , I live in jersey. So I'm basically screwed. If this never passes

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

The problem is getting if brought to the floor for a vote. Blame Rep. Ryan and Sen. McConnell. They are the gate keepers as to what comes to the floor for a vote.

Somebody please tell me how far off we are from this passing , newbie , I live in jersey. So I'm basically screwed. If this never passes

You are screwed even if this passes! Maybe you should inform yourself what HR 38 actually says. The text of the bill is publicly available and has been discussed in this forum many times. This bill will not change the restrictive licensing scheme of your state!

This will be the Congressional version of Midnight Auto. When we were kids, we all had old cars, and old cars need parts. Kids used to call wrecking and salvage yards asking them if they had a wreck with (insert name of part here) still on it. They'd get an affirm, what it cost, and they'd tell you to come on out and remove it yourself. And it got done but after the yard hours and at the risk of junkyard dogs. This'll get done at midnight too because that's when shady things happen.

Congress will do this in a "late session" and push it through with a wink and a smile to Democrats. Behind closed doors, theyll sell it under the wisdom of it'll be under even more strict Federal control and pooh Pooh the fact that it will be used as a lever in the future for increased "common sense gun control". All Republicans will sign it (and Dems won't) so both sides will make their constituents think they are either for or against 2A rights, it'll make the sheep happy, and one side will preen and the other will scream for a one day news cycle.

Think sanctuary cities and marijuana laws. Federal laws are only for red states, not blue states. I highly doubt that NJ, which has arguably the worst gun laws in America (they outlawed JHP if I remember correctly), will do anything but choose to ignore this Trojan horse of a bill anyway.

I feel for you though. I think you have three options and they all have consequences. Stay and hope (hope is not a plan), stay and disobey state law (I hear the joint is tough in NJ), or move to a red state (the relatives and friends would likely be unhappy, job considerations, etc...). Passing this bill is a loser for anyone that cares about the 2A.

The Place To Be

Thanks for your response. All true. And yes. I do have a plan. To leave this wonderful state. But I gotta hand around till I get the kids out of school. .... gotta be a good dad. Before I become Wyatt Earp Lol. And I keep my boyfriend deterrent near by. DP 12 [emoji872]

Unfortunately. I am . Life long And miserable. Lol.

My condolences. At least you occasionally have good Yankee and Giants teams. If you're a Jets and a Mets fan, you're just a masochist. A Navy buddy from Connecticut is both and he is either eternally hopeful or miserable depending on the season.

The Place To Be

Thanks for your response. All true. And yes. I do have a plan. To leave this wonderful state. But I gotta hand around till I get the kids out of school. .... gotta be a good dad. Before I become Wyatt Earp Lol. And I keep my boyfriend deterrent near by. DP 12 [emoji872]

I feel for you as I am also a resident in the Peoples Republic of NJ. I agree with niceshootintex. Get out but, like you I am a couple of years out. We have bigger issues right now and that is Phil Murphy who most likely will be our next Governor. He vows to pass all Christies veto's on guns which currently is about 20 bills and supposedly he isn't going to stop there because NJ doesn't have enough gun control according to him. CCW heck, will be lucky if we can hold on to most of what we got now. As I am sure you know Trenton is full of democraps in the house and senate so ,unless Kim Guadagno can pull off a miracle we are going to see a major over haul. NOT GOOD :angry:

Read for yourself Link Removed

I hope Ryan can continue his relatively short legacy of accomplishing little or nothing with HR 38. His incompetence could be exactly what this bill needs to slink away into legislative infamy.

The Place To Be

I believe. That with the over turn in dc this week. It’s time to push. Hard. Circle the wagons. And don’t let up. Guide us o great one. How do we come together. And makes the push. I know he 38. Is a direct violation of out rights. But it’s a large step. In the right direction. Then we go after out 2 amend. To not be infringed. .... if I’m wrong. Please chime in. And guide us. In my opinion. It’s a chip under the foundation of the political bs that we have bin controlled by. For many years. What do we do now. I believe it’s time to strike. But how

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back